ciscobird

Deepseed Sock & Nikon D5100

Thanks!

Didn't think of finding and comparing dimensions!

Seems like the closest size would be still too short (about 10mm) in the grip length... Will the sock have plenty of play/loose fit in it to stretch that much?

Or is there another camera sock/armor by a different manufacturer that I should check out?

Thanks again!

The time it took you to ask the question here could have been better spent asking the same question directly to Deepseed who would have given you the right answer and may have even had a few options/suggestions for you. :P

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

Nope... I don't think so...

My experiences have shown that it usually takes longer to hear from small companies/manufacturers, especially those from out of country...

In this case it only took a couple of hours before somebody replied here. It's not uncommon to wait a week or two before receiving a word from an offshore company, if at all.

Sure, I could have contacted chutingstar but did not because I do not expect them to drop things right there and take a long walk through the warehouse just to look up the size of each sock to determine if it might fit a random camera.

Also, before I made this post I tried searching the forum for similar information to no avail so I did my homework...

Also, I feel this is the best place to ask, especially if somebody knows of another brand or party selling similar products...

Just FYI to anybody digging this up...

Purchased the Deepseed sock sized for a 400-450d...

It fits...

Not that I'm going to fly with the heavy lens but the opening was able to clear a 12-24mm. Tried with a 10.5, fits well.

All is good... except that the sock does not come with provisions for the mounting thread and shutter cable so those will have to be procured on your own.