KennyS1134

Shaky Video

Hey guys and gals,
I'm pretty new to the photography aspect of skydiving, and can't seem to get stable video [:/] I have a Rawa vision, with a sidemounted Cx150, in a cookie cage with an opteka .3x 37mm lens, and a top mounted T2i with the kit lens. I sent back a medium size because it was waaay too tiny, and got a Large. It fits really snug. I can wiggle my head and get a tiny bit of movement. I've put more padding in to counter this and it did not show any difference in flight.

Even before I added the still camera, the video was noticeable shaky. I know I'm not just zoning out and letting my head bobble around in the wind. I really focus on good technique. At first I thought the camera was just loose in the box, so I put insulation in the spaces, which didn't help at all. Now that I'm jumping a still, the shakiness has intensified, which I knew would happen...just not this much.

My settings are as follow: Focus=manual, wide angle lens setting on, steadyshot off. Am I missing something (I hope so)?

I know there are plenty of jumpers with similar top/side mounted cameras that get really stable video....so it's frustrating when I have good still shots, and centered video....but shaky video.

the video was noticeable shaky.

steadyshot off

Not to be the wiseguy .... but try turning steadyshot on?

CX 150 doesn't have optical stabilisation as far as i know so that shouldn't give you any problems.
--------

www.youtube.com/l0013

Not sure if you have figured it out or not but here is what i have. I recently started jumping camera aswell. The camera is located on a vapor flat top. I couldnt figure out what was making my video so shaky in freefall but still and perfect inside the plane and under canopy... I figured out that the velcro that i had holding the screen door shut wasnt holding it shut tight enough and air was getting behind the screen and making it vibrate, therefore making the video shaky... If your camera is in a box, put some velcro on it.. If not, put a strap, buckle, or stow-band around the door to keep it closed tightly...