ahaeuser

Sony CX150 Lens with Canon 10-22mm??

Hello all,

Which lens should I put on my Sony CX150 to compliment the Canon 10-22mm? The 10-22mm is on a Canon t3i. Both are top mounted on a FTP. I have the GoPro 3D housing mounted on the front of the helmet but it only sticks out approximately 2 inches. Tandems from a 182.

Blue Skies,
August

Depends on how zoomed you have the 10-22. At 10MM, I would think you would need something close to fisheye (.3ish?), and at 22 you would probably be pretty close to a .5 or so). I haven't tested this out, just a guess.

Keep in mind that the stills and video will never match exactly because of different aspect ratios. When I can, I prefer to use a wider still lens. 1st because you can always crop it, secondly, if a hand or foot goes out of frame for a few frames on video it is no big deal, but I usually wouldn't want that on a still image.

I have both..

The Opteka can capture more vertical area than the Raynox, which means there's less chance that a tandem might go partially out of frame. For that same reason, the tandem will appear a little bit smaller through the opteka. The image quality is ok. I also have the century baby death, and I don't really notice much difference between it and the opteka.

The Raynox I have is .3x, but it's only a semi fisheye. Although the tandem is more likely to go partially out of frame if you are not careful where the camera is pointing compared to the Opteka, I find the video comes out with better sharpness and color.

In my case, I usually jump the Opteka since I end up doing alot of freeflying.

How well does a Opteka .3 compare to a Raynox .3?

The opteka is much wider and more fisheye-y than the raynox .3

For most people I think the opteka .3 is (way) too wide for tandems or outside video. For inside video work its great.

I sold my opteka .3 and raynox .5, I now only jump the raynox .3 for everything (tandem, wingsuit, FS4, FS coaching etc). One size fits most :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia