bodypilot90

video quality in cx

I know the 110 and 150 has better low light capability. My sunset load video always looks grainy with my cx100. make me want to switch. Only issue i have is that the card slot on the 110 and 150 is in the bottom and not easily accessible with my configuration. I believe the 210 has the undesirable image stabilization system.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

If you want to risk using glue all over the camera it works. I have always found it easier just to get a camera that I don't have to spend additional time and money on just to get it to work.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

is there any difference in video between the 100, 110, 150 and 210?

yep, the CX100 is a hybrid and has 8GB onboard memory while the CX110 required a removable SD card to store video files. There's also some differences in specs, like type ans size of CMOS sensor, etc..

The CX150 I'm not familiar with.

The CX210 is basically the same camera as the CX200 and 190. None of 2012 sony CX cheapies have a filter thread, but the mod is real easy. Here's one I did this morning after seeing the method on gethypoxic.com. except I used 5 minute epoxy to get a little more working time and a hard plastic 30mm-37mm step ring.

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/bunny_bucket1/DSC06682.jpg

If you try this mod I recommend running some masking tape along the edge and over the lense cover switch to keep the job neat and prevent glue from running into the lense cover switch and locking it closed. Peel off the tape while the epoxy is still soft but not runny.

So... will the cx210 (or any of the currently available cx models) be not wide-enough without the glue-on step-up "hack" applied to it? - - - This is rather disconcerting (read: bummer) :( if so.

Somewhere, I thought I read that the latest even "thread-less" Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens built into the newer models went on their own, down wide-enough (to .26)? ...Is this not accurate?

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

i'm not sure, but i think you are talking about some of those hi-end cams(500 or 700 or something) sony has published that has some b.o.s.e stabilization witch is suitable for skydiving and also has quite wide lens without external lend added...

So... will the cx210 (or any of the currently available cx models) be not wide-enough without the glue-on step-up "hack" applied to it? - - - This is rather disconcerting (read: bummer) :( if so.

Somewhere, I thought I read that the latest even "thread-less" Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens built into the newer models went on their own, down wide-enough (to .26)? ...Is this not accurate?

Mine just arrived today, its the cx760. Yes its comes with a .26 wide angle built in and comes with a step ring for 52mm. From the footage I've seen with it, the BOSS stabilization seems just as good if not a little better than electronic. I'll know more when I start playing around with it.