pope

New Sony CX series cams? What do you like? Why?

I can quickly shoot a still with the 760; any one looking for an 8x10 print will immediately notice the gamma issues and distortion caused by low-grade lenses. If your bar is shooting for 8x10 while also simultaneously capturing good video, we're still a little way off. Not far, but still off.

Will the still shot look better than a frame grab from the video, I assume so but have to ask.

" The CX series cameras can be controlled via the half-moon port with the Hypeyes (not the Cameye)"
Actually you CAN control the CX camcorders with CamEye-IIs. All you need is an adapter. Many people are using those adpters for thousands and thousands of jumps

Thanks Lazlo...I wasn't aware of that!

So following up to your trip to B+H:
CX190 DOES or does not have filter threads? If so are they still 37mm?
I'm not really interested in an internal memory, and could probably adapt to a non-touch screen. I'd love to buy a bunch of CX-100's (or whatever the PAL version is of that) and call it good but I can't find them anywhere. Do you see any downsides to the CX190 or it's touchscreen sister?

cheers!
pope

Here is a pic of it. I sure don't see filter threads.

Ken

ugh. I don't either. back to the drawing boards.

cheers anyhow!

If you REALLY want to you can mod it like trunk did. Scroll down to the middle of the page for how to

http://www.gethypoxic.com/reviews-tests-hacks/hacks-and-mods.html
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Which box is that and where do you get the parts to modify it?

Also, have you had any problems with that set up?

I'm in the market and not sure what to buy. CX-150 cant find that new anymore, worried about buying used.

Then new ones dont have filter threads.

Hrmmph.

i am making these boxes on demand and can also supply lens adapter.

especially for sidemount i can see some issues with handstrap/usb connector and hypeye connector covering door, they would probably need to be removed.

i don't see any significant difference between CX-100 -150 and these new cameras*,
i wouldn't be afraid to buy used from ebay if there are pictures of actual item posted.

* i mean CX-190 -200 -210, CX-250 -260 -270 have progressive scan which is significant difference for me
my pictures

Just bought a CX-150, used, comes with original box and items, on amazon, from a company in Texas with 10,000 rates 99% positive.

237$ shipped.

What mAh rated batteries do you guys use for a full time of tandem work? I'm thinking about getting two (2) 2600mAh batteries.They are 60 dollars each. Ugh.

raceface,

I might have to contact you about those boxes, they look nice.

I picked up a pair of the extended batteries for my 150 several months ago. Off brand, and was something like 40 bucks for two of them. I've used them all season and not had any issues (put about 150 jumps on them so far shooting 4 way). I'll see if I can find a link to where i got them.

I picked up a pair of the extended batteries for my 150 several months ago. Off brand, and was something like 40 bucks for two of them. I've used them all season and not had any issues (put about 150 jumps on them so far shooting 4 way). I'll see if I can find a link to where i got them.

Do they provide battery info/charge info like stock batteries do (infolithium?)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZ9OHG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

This is what I ordered. Two of them for less than the price of one Sony. I knew it was a risk, but figured for 30 bucks it was worth the chance.

DSE- Yes they show charge info just like the Sony. Pushing them on longer training days (a dozen jumps or more, including some landing footage) they have lasted as expected. So far they are doing just what I expected them to do and have been my primary battery since May.