btvr

AVCHD question

Was wondering if anyone may have an answer for me about burning AVCHD speed. I made a AVCHD DVD to play on my bluray player. It plays and looks great but took literally hours to do..I mean like 7 hours for 4.1 gigs. Now the import video was .MOV and I was using Corel DVD movie factory. Is it just the norm or is it the software or my computer? My computer is somewhat old and has an intel core duo @ 2.00 ghz and 2 gigs of ram.
Thanks

For quicker rendering speeds, I'd recommend a i5 quadcore, i7 or amd x6 or amd x8 CPU. Plus a load of RAM (8GB DDR3 should do fine).
A more modern computer like that will make your life much easier editing-wise as well.

Also, why .mov? AVCHD should be .mts, .m2ts or .ts. Not .mov. Were the video files imported by someone using a Mac or were they converted on purpose? Are they even HD files, or are they lower quality?
Anyway if you input .mov files, they need to be converted and possibly scaled (back) up, that is going to take a while, yeah.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

A few things:
Source was .mov? How did it get contained in a .mov file?
CorelDVDMovie factory isn't threaded for multicores, so that'll slow it down.
IIRC, Corel also only does CBR, not VBR. That'll slow it down some too.
I'd recommend tools better suited for AVCHD editing/rendering, such as Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas. The latest Canopus does a great job too.

Thanks for the reply. The reason it is in .MOV is because the footage was taken on a Contour HD camera which is in .MOV. The footage is in 720p. The contour also has 1080p as well. So yes they need to be converted. Would conversion be quicker with the systems you recommended or is it just the nature of the beast?