Laszloimage

Canon 5D MarkIII

Finally, Canon announced the 5D MarkIII today.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii
From some aspects it's awesome and from other aspects it's a bit disappointing.
Here's a chart to compare to the 5D MarkII and Nikon D800: http://blog.planet5d.com/2012/03/canon-eos-5d-mark-ii-vs-canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-vs-nikon-d800/

Honestly I don't know I never had a chance to compare them.
But based on the specs the 5D's full frame sensor should perform lot better in low light. Also the larger image sensor can provide a more shallow depth of field. In this case most likely AF is required (since in skydiving very hard to maintain the distance in a few inches limit...) and I don't know yet how the Mark-II handles that.

Honestly I don't know I never had a chance to compare them.
But based on the specs the 5D's full frame sensor should perform lot better in low light. Also the larger image sensor can provide a more shallow depth of field. In this case most likely AF is required (since in skydiving very hard to maintain the distance in a few inches limit...) and I don't know yet how the Mark-II handles that.

Its interesting how you are requiring more DOF from the body. Almost all pro sport photographers want to stay away from FF because they are obsolete in sport photography in general.

However, I admire how you want to walk against the flow here. Many interesting photos are possible..

Its interesting how you are requiring more DOF from the body. Almost all pro sport photographers want to stay away from FF because they are obsolete in sport photography in general.

However, I admire how you want to walk against the flow here. Many interesting photos are possible..

Most sports photography is done with massive zoom lenses too.. We're just a different breed of sports photographers B|

Thanks about the compliment!
I'm in Sebastian, FL right now and hopefully the weather will allow to happen the big-way CReW camp I came to photograph. I will experiment to take shots at f1.2 with my new 50mm lens.
Most skydiving/parachuting shots are wide angle with everything in focus. I hope the 50mm "human eye" view with the slightly blurred back ground will look good. (I've been shooting CReW at 50mm most of the time anyway but no f1.2...)
I also hope the AF will be fast and accurate.

Most sports photography is done with massive zoom lenses too.. We're just a different breed of sports photographers B|

True. Actually I have been trying to come up with other genres of sport photography where the photographer himself is taking part in the activity. Are there any others?

Some might say scubadiving, but IMO underwater photographers arent really sport photographers. They are nature photographers.

True. Actually I have been trying to come up with other genres of sport photography where the photographer himself is taking part in the activity. Are there any others?

Some might say scubadiving, but IMO underwater photographers arent really sport photographers. They are nature photographers.

Winter sports (Skiing, snowboarding) think the guys on Warren Miller's teams. They are right up in there (the ones on the mountain, not the ones filming from the heli)

Winter sports (Skiing, snowboarding) think the guys on Warren Miller's teams. They are right up in there (the ones on the mountain, not the ones filming from the heli)

In a way yes, but they still have the luxury of parking their gear next to a Box and shoot on a stand thru the viewfinder. Very few photos are taken while the photographer is skiing at the same time. Videos though are often shot this way.

not always....This picture was taken with a 5D MKII and a 70-200 lens ( at 200mm) during the last Dubai comp. The building is 4+miles away.
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

not always....This picture was taken with a 5D MKII and a 70-200 lens ( at 200mm) during the last Dubai comp. The building is 4+miles away.

keyword: "most" this is one of the "most" photos.. but in a different way. I love that shot Bruno! Awesome work.