KennyS1134

Camera Switches

I I have used the bite switch and the tongue switch, but I'm in love with my PRO Mouth Switch :D
The bite switch worked fine for me but I had to replace it every 50-100 jumps.

I didn't try the blow switch - I need a feedback which the blow switch don't give.

+1

I love the pro-mouth switch too, been using it for the past couple years after biting through a number of biteswitches. Tongueswitch was also ok but I like the pro-mouth switch better.

For me the blowswitch doesn't work as I smile at the tandempassenger in freefall and smiling + blowing at the same time doesn't work very well :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

This has been asked several times on this forum. And each time, everyone recommends what they use themselves. And in most cases, they have always used the same type of switch. I'm in that camp too. I have used a blow switch for 12+ years and I love it. The one thing I would add is that I have used the same blow switch for thousands of jumps without a single failure, whereas everyone I know who uses a bite or tongue switch has had to replace them several times. My too sense...

I build my own tongue switches from Radio Shack parts and have had a couple of failures. Both times due to moisture getting into the switch. Replacing the switch condom more frequently has fixed that problem.

On another note, everyone that I know, who uses a blow switch, swears by them and have zero complaints of failure for thousands of jumps.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

On another note, everyone that I know, who uses a blow switch, swears by them and have zero complaints of failure for thousands of jumps.

Hi! I'm Jeff. Nice to meet you!

Now you know someone who hasn't had good luck with blow switches.

I found them really hard to calibrate so that I wasn't either huffing and puffing like the Big Bad Wolf or just shooting a metric shit ton (larger than an Imperial shit ton) of shots just because I was breathing. Add to that you need to focus on keeping a seal with your lips? Too much frustration.

I use the Pro Mouth Switch, and have used the same one for the last 400 jumps. I am told this is unusual, but the trick is "don't bite the tip". (Why am I having flashbacks to Catholic school after writing that?!)

In any event, my suggestion to Kenny (the OP) is that he try a couple of different designs and figure out which one he likes the most...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

We developed the PRO Mouth Switch after years of frustration, like everyone is saying here.

You will always eventually chew through your bite switch. The mechanism of the blow switch is huge(you have no where to put it in most helmets) and the tube always gets gunked up. The tongue switches still had to be held between the teeth, so you eventually ruin those.

The simplicity of placing the "button" on your tongue and pushing against the roof of your mouth (Behind front teeth) is easy and simple and it will last a loooong time. Also we have replaced any units that have malfunctioned due to manufacturing problems (Not biting problems )

Also a simple suggestion to new photographers out there. Simply spit out your switch before deployment. That is the most common time that people will bite down during a hard opening.

All of the major gear stores carry our PRO Mouth switches.
Kamuran "Sonic" Bayrasli
The Ranch PROshop
Buy Baby Buy!

blow switch for the ftw. Contrary to popular mis-information the box for the blow switch can be very small (smaller than an audible). And they never gunk up. If it does you may want to take a look at your hygiene habits. Having said that you do need to practice with how hard you need to blow into it to release the shutter.

The newest Ultimate Switch has adjustable levels for the trigging of the blow switch. I hated mine at first since I would almost pass out trying to take pictures in a burst. Once I dialed it down a lot I had to avoid breathing since it was so sensitive. I've since put it where its perfect for me but having it adjustable is a nice feature.

I went though 6 tongue and 4 bite switches in around 1100 video jumps. I hated finding out that on jump run the bite was now shorting out and not working or the tongue had a broken seal and was letting moisture get in and now it was not working. I always carried spare switches but I don't worry anymore on my blow switch.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com