Psychonaut

Hypeye D Pro 3.5mm preview

Was wondering if many of you take advantage of this?
If it can be deemed worthwhile, I was thinking about running a short extension from it to a nice clean surface plug somewhere on the side, back, etc, as I'll have the button flush with the helmet with no easy access to it.

Anyone have any DIY handywork they'd like to share?
Stay high pull low

I currently dont have pics of it but i have used it in my setup to connect to a tv or dvd recorder.

i chopped up an old 3.5mm cable and it comes through the top plate as 3 RCA connectors.

this way i'm not continiously unplugging the D connector to dub my video's/debrief.
--------

www.youtube.com/l0013

I've attached a pic for you.

In the front you'll see the audio connections and behind the stroboframes the video connection near the hypeye. I decided to keep them separate for ease of identification although i originally had them planned next to each other as mystery the holes show :)

I'm in the process of figuring out the best place for moving the DSLR a step to the center because I've replaced my HC5 with a CX115 and have a bit more free space now.
Then i will also have to relocate the RCA connection as they are going to conflict with the placement of the DSLR lens. This will require a bit of soldering.( 2 leads per connector)

This build-up isn't perfect as you see but you'll get a general idea of a possible layout.
--------

www.youtube.com/l0013