antonija

Fullface flattop

I found this picture of what looks like a cookie G2/G3 with homemade flattop with DSLR and CX style camera mounted.

Does anyone know if this thing has some sort of cutaway installed? I really like the idea of having fullface (no frozen face during winter) with video gear, but this one does not look safe. (wingsuit doesn't add to safety either)
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

I simply love my full face helmets. In my real life job I always have the wind in my face so when I go skydiving, I very much enjoy not have to deal with it (Oxygn A3, Cookie G3, Sidewinder -first camera helmet and it was full face)

Eventually I upgraded my whole system from a FF2 which had a stills platform to a SkySystems Vapor Wes Pro. Sure it initially looks ugly like a juggernaut flat head but once you mount everything on it, it is 5 lbs of neck snapping beauty :)

There is a DZ user here that took a Factory Diver visor and jammed/mounted it onto a Vapor Wes Pro. He did an awesome job but as of yet, have not figured out how to jam my visor into my similar setup. You have to buy the visor separately obviously as well as the camlock tape to secure it inside but let me know if you have any success.

Full face rocks. I may have a larger nose but I simply hate all that forced air up my schnoz...

What I like about this setup is that you can still lift visor few inches so that if it does fog you can still see where you're going under canopy. I don't like fixed visor fullfaces for this reason.

Jarno, do you know if Hayden had a plan how to deal with snagged lines or something similar? Was it all plastic screws or his setup that snag-proof?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Love my sidewinder for tandem vid work. I prefer full face helmets with a lens that can be cracked open. I thought I read a snippet from skysystems saying they were working on another full face cam set-up for cx cams but haven't heard anymore. One can hope....
Cookie actually shows a gas with a top mount on their site here "http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/buildyourownkit/78/index.htm"

I have a large vapor narrow that I easily put a factory diver visor in it. This is the second winter with the factory diver visor setup and no fog issues yet. I have tried to just pull it out by pulling top of visor down and the visor comes out with a little force, but easily. If you could pm your email I will send you several photos of the visor/ helmet. Hope that will help.