KollegeKay

Video software

Not sure if this qualified as Skydiving stuff, so just in case I am posting here! If you edit videos at a drop zone, what is the software that you use?

I currently have Vegas Pro 10 that I am self-learning at the moment, possibly interested in a video editing position in my area.

Thanks!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver

I'm sure you'll be getting completely unbiased responses in just a second, but have you researched what the facility you want to work at is using because I think that's really what matters.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

There's a whole Photography and Video forum, in which such questions are appropriate. Vegas is popular and you may find some tips if searching in that forum.

Of course its usefulness at a dz will depend on what procedures and software a DZ already uses.

I got the Vegas Pro 10 because my home DZ has it there, but I need to know how to use it somewhat before they show me what to do. I don't want to edit videos like a robot (i.e. do exactly as shown but not understand the purpose of what I am doing).

My goal was to expand to a larger DZ this next season, but one of the options has fallen through. (If only I had my driver's license AND a car!)

Anyways, just trying to be useful around the DZ in more than one way! ;)

**Edit: Oops, I did not notice the "Photography and Video" forum! :o As far as video software goes, I don't really have experience in any program yet, so learning at least this program I think will help me quickly catch onto others. :)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver