Aeroquest

New Nikon mini SLR

World's fastest continuous shooting, Max.10fps in AF-A mode / Max.60fps in AF-S mode.
With default settings, you can shoot at a high speed of 10fps by pressing down on the shutter-release button all the way. While shooting, the camera will be focused on the subject within the AF area in the center of the screen. Face-priority AF is not available. (It is also remote controllable.)

I just demo-d one in Walmart last night after reading about it on nikons web. It averaged 5FPS in the store on auto focus. It has inter changable lenses. comes standard with a 10-30 lense and is full of features without tons of buttons outside to accidentally get bumped in the plane. Very small and lightweight.
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/acil/index.htm
Gotta be a Pioneer to excel in the future, otherwise follow the crowd

It looks like this camera only has IR remote, not wired. Which, while do-able for non-paying jobs, is a major pain in the *** and I wouldn't want to go back to it [:/]

I'm also not too sure about the VR lenses that come with it, for jumping. I might put the adapter on it and jump the classic non-VR WA lenses that I own already anyway.

But unless someone can mod this camera for a wired remote, it doesn't look like a good skydiving camera unfortunately.

Guess my neck will have to live with my D300 for a while yet :|

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks dragon for your research. I have on on order and will post what I find out. I see someone is modifying the Sony nex5 for remote stills. I'm curious as to what is needed to modify the Nikon. The optional 10- 2.8 lense is another $248.00 but the adapter offered makes it good for anything you might have on hand.
Keep posting

Sore neck from 1000 camera jumps with 8lbs on headB|

I'm curious as to what is needed to modify the Nikon.

Simple electronics, wire a remote switch in parallel with the switch on the body, there ya go.

Voids the warranty and ya gotta make it look good, but not rocket surgery.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I purchased a N1 1J in December and found I could only get 14 burst shots then the camera had to pause to write the info. I tried using a PRO card rated at 30 mb's per sec. The camera still paused to often even at low capture size. I returned the camera and bought a Sony Nex 3A for less than half the price. I found an open box from Samy's cameras for 299. :)with a 16mm wide lense. It will continuously shoot with a 320 shutter speed at 200 ISO. I got 90 stills in 30 seconds at full size 14MP stills. Now i just need to modify for the external switch.