gilead1

Bonehead Hell's Halo - Any experience?

Hello

At first it looks like a very nice helmet (if you add a chin cup and a quick release),
But after a closer look it seems like the ratchet on the back might be a snag hazard or to entangle with the collapsed slider tied behind the neck.

Does someone jumping with Bonehead Hell's Halo and can share?
Is it worth it or the Optik 210 will do?

Thanks
Gilead

I have one. What are you wanting to do with it? Depending on what your intended use is, it might be what you need but if you're looking to get into a camera helmet that you could mount multiple cameras on, its a bit lacking in real estate. It's a good recreational/FF camera helmet IMO. The ratchet never concerned me as snag hazard, it sits pretty flush. I'd recommend you try one on first if possible, the ratchet system allows you to crank down on the internal head band fit and I've had some people try mine on that didn't like the way it clamped down on their head. It can be a very snug helmet without the chin cup but if you put something heavy on top, I'd recommend the chin cup route.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It can be a very snug helmet without the chin cup but if you put something heavy on top, I'd recommend the chin cup route.

I've never tried the new one, but I have an old Mindwarp that uses the same internal liner system (although mine has a velcro strap and buckle instead of a ratchet).

Anyway, I jumed it for years as a side-mount video (Sony PC series) and top-mount still camera (Rebel 35mm) with no chin cup. The liner would snug up and hold the helmet tight enough that the video was smooth and I always felt like the helmet was secure.

I added a chin cup when I went to a digital still camera a few years back, mostly due to the cost of the camera, and thoughts about losing it. Even now, I still feel like tightening down the liner is the primary system for holding the helmet on my head, and the chin cup is just a back-up.

When I switched from a PC camera to a CX camera last winter, I thought about buying a new helemt, and the only one I considered was the Hell's Halo.