iowa

cx110 vs cx100

As soon as I get my Christmas bonus I want to upgrade from my old PC. CX110s are available locally for $330. CX 100s on ebay range from $399 new to sub $200 used.

What I've seen and heard is the down side to the 110 is the bottom slot for the SD card. I would think it shouldn't be that hard to adapt the bracket/box to switch cards for quick turnarounds. Thoughts, experiences?

What are the pros/cons of the SD card (110) vs. the pro duo (100)? The only downside I heard of SD is from the editor not knowing which is video and which is stills without plugging them in.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi Keith.

It's really quite simple to modify your bracket to get access to the bottom loaded cards.

I really like my CX150. They're down in price as well.

I like the ability to make my own menu which is the first menu that comes up when I touch it.

I'm able to add as many or as few tasks as I want. I have only three on my menu.

I also like the fact that I can use an SD card for the camera. It allows me to carry only one extra card in my pocket which can be used for my video or my stills camera (depending on what you use for stills).

You can't go wrong with the 150.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I know the CX100's have had some issues with the LCD doors turning the cameras on or off. Is this also an issue with the 110's or 150's?

No, they don't, or not that I've seen. People that don't take the time to properly set up the camera have problems with the LCD turning on/off the camera.
CX110 and 150 have the same feature.

The only downside I heard of SD is from the editor not knowing which is video and which is stills without plugging them in.

That's why half my SD cards have P written on them with a sharpie, the other half: V. I appreciate the editors because they free up my time, so I can jump more. I try to help them out where I can.

I know the CX100's have had some issues with the LCD doors turning the cameras on or off.

Most people that need their 6 years old to switch on the computer or operate electronic devices will have that issue...
I just switched it off in the menu:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Yea...but <6yearold>which issue?
Its a simple setting, that almost any camera with a flip-screen has? If it was a thing you needed to fix with ductape, magic marker and silly putty...Id call it 'the same issue', but in this case its not a bug, its a feature..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

What I've seen and heard is the down side to the 110 is the bottom slot for the SD card

You don't have to take the SD card out, depending on your camera setup. The USB port is on the left side of the camera. Just plug in your USB cable, download the footage, and off you go.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

What I've seen and heard is the down side to the 110 is the bottom slot for the SD card

You don't have to take the SD card out, depending on your camera setup. The USB port is on the left side of the camera. Just plug in your USB cable, download the footage, and off you go.

While this is true, the USB port isn't designed to take the kind of hammering that an "every jump" download will bring. All of the small camera manufacturers have had problems with the USB ports at some level.[:/]

While this is true, the USB port isn't designed to take the kind of hammering that an "every jump" download will bring. All of the small camera manufacturers have had problems with the USB ports at some level.[:/]

Also not an option if you are turning back to backs....just barely have time to swap cards and rigs.:S
Blue Skies,
Jason

Hi Keith.

It's really quite simple to modify your bracket to get access to the bottom loaded cards.

I like the ability to make my own menu which is the first menu that comes up when I touch it.

I'm able to add as many or as few tasks as I want. I have only three on my menu.

I also like the fact that I can use an SD card for the camera. It allows me to carry only one extra card in my pocket which can be used for my video or my stills camera (depending on what you use for stills).

In a classic DZ.com fashion, you completely ignore the OP's question and mouth fart some irrelevant garbage about cx150's. Congratulations sir, you are a moron.

Hi Keith.

In a classic DZ.com fashion, you completely ignore the OP's question and mouth fart some irrelevant garbage about cx150's. Congratulations sir, you are a moron.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Maybe if you were aware that Kieth and I are friends from the same area and that we've been talking about various video cameras, still cameras. helmets, and other topics outside of this site you would realize that not only was I was responding to his direct question on here but was adding some information he had inquired about previoulsy.

Had you bothered to find out why I responded in the way in which I did, you would have known this.

But instead you found it more convient to hide behind your keyboard and childishly call someone whom you know nothing about a name.

Typical DZ.com cowardly fashion of someone with no information in their profile.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Seriously???? It seems to me, personal attacks are not tolerated here. Someone please ban this guy for a couple weeks. [:/]

And, by the way, Sandy's point is valid because both the 110 and the 150 are so similar (bottom card access).

This paragraph of my post is being omitted so I don't get banned... :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."