freefalljason

Canon Rebel T3?

Only issue I seen with it is that the card slot was moved to the battery door on the underside of the camera. Locate you an old XS or step up to the T3i. I purchased the T3i when my XS died right before Couch Freaks. Glad I did the photos are amazing.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

With quick-release? Why not?

With my XTi, The quick release plate partially covers the battey door. I am not sure about the T3 but I suspect that would be the case as well.

So you would have to disconnect the remote shutter release (to keep from stressing that connection/cable) remove the camera from the helmet, loosen the quick release plate (with a screwdriver or coin), spin the plate to get to the battery door, open the door and remove the card.

Now ya gotta install the new card, close the batt door, spin the QR plate back into the proper position, tighten it down (here comes the screwdriver or coin again), snap the camera back on the helmet and reconnect the shutter release.

Oh Yeah, you have to swap rigs and meet your next student.

Now imagine its cold outside and you have gloves on! :S All while the plane is sitting in the loading area with the prop(s) spinning waiting on YOU!;)

I just don't see this camera as a good choice for a full time photog. Maybe for the guy who jumps at a small dz or only helps out in the rotation with plenty of time on his hands.

Blue Skies,
Jason

Have you considered a T2i? I like mine and the only other difference I know of it the flip screen which I don't think I'll ever use.

Here is a comparison I located on the net.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3i-vs-Canon_EOS_Rebel_T2i
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Have you considered a T2i?

I was asking for a friend who is looking to update his camera helmet in order to help out the "regular guys" on an as needed basis (prolly 10-15 jumps per month, max).

So we were wondering if the T3 would work since it's $200 less than the T2i. It could work for him even with the bottom feed card location (it would be a pain in the rear but it could work) but we are in discussions now about going with the T2i.

Thanks and Blue Skies,
Jason

Why not remount the baseplate turned 90 degrees on the helmet? With a Goldmember type of quick release it is pretty easy to grind enough clearance to open the door in the plate that attaches to the camera.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Why not remount the baseplate turned 90 degrees on the helmet? With a Goldmember type of quick release it is pretty easy to grind enough clearance to open the door in the plate that attaches to the camera.

What's your time worth? In the grand scheme of things, $200 is not a lot to spend. Aside from the cost difference, what's the advantage of this camera?
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

With my XTi, The quick release plate partially covers the battey door. I am not sure about the T3 but I suspect that would be the case as well.

So you would have to disconnect the remote shutter release (to keep from stressing that connection/cable) remove the camera from the helmet, loosen the quick release plate (with a screwdriver or coin), spin the plate to get to the battery door, open the door and remove the card.

Now ya gotta install the new card, close the batt door, spin the QR plate back into the proper position, tighten it down (here comes the screwdriver or coin again), snap the camera back on the helmet and reconnect the shutter release.

Oh Yeah, you have to swap rigs and meet your next student.

Now imagine its cold outside and you have gloves on! :S All while the plane is sitting in the loading area with the prop(s) spinning waiting on YOU!;)

I just don't see this camera as a good choice for a full time photog. Maybe for the guy who jumps at a small dz or only helps out in the rotation with plenty of time on his hands.

Blue Skies,
Jason

Ok, I get you. But, on my quick release, you cen change the battery without removing unscrewing it. That was the point of it in the first place. To change battery and memory card the quick way...
dudeist skydiver #42

>With my XTi, The quick release plate partially covers the battey door. . . . So you
>would have to disconnect the remote shutter release etc etc

The Goldmember mounting plate clears the door on the XTi, and my camera is mounted such that I can get to that door with the camera still mounted. I don't like the Goldmember for other reasons, but for access it's very nice.

Blue Skies,
Jason

Dremel?

on my XTI I cut the plate so I could move quickly. as long as you ensure there are no burs on the plate you'll be fine.
My photos

My Videos

well for todays only good news.. hopefully

I snatched up an XT with 16 gig card, charger and lowa pro case and a EF-S 17-85mm 1:4-5:6 IS for 190.00
I looked up the lens and its selling for about 500 alone
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=351548&is=USA&Q=&A=details

not sure if its good for future skydiving applications or not.

good set up for price? right lens? etc...