sporty

How do I attach my new bridal line?

Hi guys,

I'm New! Well new to this forum, been jumping for 13 years....

Got a question you may be able to help with. Just got me a new Sabre2. The bridal attachment on the old canopy was just a metal ring which the bridal was threaded through. On the Sabre2 though the ring is in the middle of a 4" loop. Do I just thread the bridal around the loop and not the metal ring? Sory if this is difficult to imagine, but those with this set up will understand. Thanks in advance.

BTW. My rigger will be checking it out before I jump it, but I'm just curious.....

Hello, rings built into the bridle attachment are usually not intended to connect the bridle to. This is especially true in the design where the ring is sewn flat into the bridle attachment.

If you attach the bridle to the ring itself, then the bartacks take the entire load, instead of the bridle attachment tape. The correct way to attach your bridle is to larkshead (girth hitch) the bridle to the end of the bridle attachment tape.

The metal ring is typically intended to be a bag stop.

Hope this helps.

edit:typo