tanelvi

GoPro HD HERO2 out

Well shit! Looks like they just went and made my HD Hero obsolete. Can't really upgrade one without upgrading half a dozen.

We use the GOPRO with our hand cam for stills. I do like the low light performance they tout. The larger file size is impressive, but we're shooting 200 plus pictures, I don't know that they'd even fit on one CD, and I don't want to spend the time to pick though.

The burst of 10 stills is really cool, but will not help with what we do.

I like the .5 second time lapse, but again with 11 mp pictures, we'd have 400 large file pictures to deal with. I guess that we could raise the price $10 and load stills to a flash drive.

What we'll actually end up doing is sticking with what we're currently doing, until what we're currently doing is no longer technologically feasible. I stayed with 35 mm film until we switched to 100% inside, so skipped a whole level of technology!

Professional 11MP Sensor
2x Faster Image Processor
2X Sharper Glass Lens
Professional Low Light Performance
Full 170°, Medium 12°, Narrow 90° FOV in 1080p and 720p Video
120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
Full 170° and Medium 127° FOV Photos
10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
One 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Time-Lapse Mode
3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
Simple Language Based User Interface
Compatible Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™
Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback
Live Streaming Video + Photos to the Web
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

We use the GOPRO with our hand cam for stills. I do like the low light performance they tout. The larger file size is impressive, but we're shooting 200 plus pictures, I don't know that they'd even fit on one CD, and I don't want to spend the time to pick though.

Put the stills on the same DVD as the video. DVD Architect allows an "extras" for things like this!
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Shit.. My GoPro is just over 1 year old and I think I need to upgrade! With this release I really can't see any point in "real" cams anymore (for video that is).

If everything is truly filmed in GoPro 2 in that demo-video, it just kicks about every cams ass in sub $600 category. Or gimme a cam+lens combination that can compete in video quality even with a slightly higher price and I'll buy it, as I still think the audio on GoPro's is really lousy for tandems.

True, post processing makes miracles but still, after applying as much as possible post processing to the originals (well, I had only Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere), I still couldn't get as clear picture as it is in the demo video. So I think they have definitely done something good there...

Anyone knows whether the GoPro 2 allows to playback videos continuously (until you stop it)? It's simply much more convenient to plug the AV-cable into a TV and watch from a vid you choose and do not need to click for the next vids to come. Also allows for using your good old DVD recorder instead of hassling with a DVD-edit-and-burn programme on a computer (which needs a lot of RAM and a fast hard disk...)
Tnx in advance, Carsten
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I always dislike it when they advertise a product (like the current GoPro2 promo) with a lot of awesome imagery knowing a lot of it is the result of hours and post processing.

The promo now on their website has a great deal of footage slowed down beyond the 60fps the camera is capable of (with noticeable artifacts/smearing of the image in some bits). Jebs footage from China is clear and vibrant here, while it was quite muddy and yellow-ish looking at the orginal broadcast (though granted, that footage is shown at lower resolution).

If you advertise a new imager/chip. Show the footage directly of the camera (similar to what was done with the first 5D Mark II footage when people complained about the quality being the result of tinkering).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

why would I do that? It says it shoots stills on it's own while recording DVD. In the past people have said every camera that does this sucks and that's why they have a dedicated one for DVD and one for Stills. I'm curious if this will finally combine the 2. Guess I should just fucking buy one and test it my self huh? :ph34r:

Do you think 11mp is good enough to just use 1 camera for dvd/stills?

As been said a number of times before, mp don't mean a thing. You need to look at sensor size and lens size+quality, mainly. My old 6mp DSLR (even my first, a 3mp DSLR) blows any mini camera, go pro or otherwise, out of the water.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hi

I am sure this makes a nice camera for those, like me, who just want to document their fun in life to shat with others without going professional...and super expensive. Since I did not have a jumpable video camera so far I pushed the button and ordered one. I will post my impressions once I get it.

cheers
Uwe
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci

why would I do that? It says it shoots stills on it's own while recording DVD. In the past people have said every camera that does this sucks and that's why they have a dedicated one for DVD and one for Stills. I'm curious if this will finally combine the 2. Guess I should just fucking buy one and test it my self huh? :ph34r:

Umm, unless I missed that section in the manual it does NOT take photos and shoot video at the same time dude. That would be why it was suggested that you use 2.;)
Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.