Skylark

quick go pro question...

I want to buy the Hero 960.

It comes with several adhesive and strap mounts.

Will the adhesive mounts be okay for skydiving? Or do I need a mount I can drill onto my helmet?

Urgent answer please as I need to purchase this afternoon.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Will the adhesive mounts be okay for skydiving?

They've succesfully kept pilotchutes from deploying the main, hooked other flyers behind them, and caught onto reserve handles and more of other jumpers.

Id say the adhesive is pretty strong....
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Edited to add, Ive seen several people with the camera in a custom made bracket in front of their forehead. Very low profile, smooth sides, so lower risk of snagging a line. And also not that high on top of the head, so no bumping into the airplane roof etc.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Edited to add, Ive seen several people with the camera in a custom made bracket in front of their forehead. Very low profile, smooth sides, so lower risk of snagging a line. And also not that high on top of the head, so no bumping into the airplane roof etc.

This is what you are referring to. The gopro lowprofile mount by delta gear inc.

http://www.deltagearinc.com/Kit&Tools/CameraMounts/GoProLowProMount.htm

This is hands down the best gopro mount I have seen on the market. I have a lot of buddies that jump with the provided adhesive mount. It is so high above your head that you ocassionaly will turn off the device by bumping into the roof of the plane. Not to mention the extremely dangerous snag hazard. This is what I will be jumping when I get my jumps in to have a camera.

Cheers.
Stearny