spencer

setting up a ring site for left or right eye.

when I started doing camera, I set up my ringsite, for my left eye, which was my siting eye, as I dont have equal vision. what Id like to know is can I set up my site for my right eye, and still get the shot, I dont see why not. as long as the view finders line up with the site, I know you have to make allowances for close up and distance, I understand all that.
Your thoughts please,
thanks

Left is the best safety-wise. If a sight is on the right, there's more change of your bridle snagging on it (ask Piifish about that one). If left is your best eye too, why change?!

Edited to add: I've jumped without a sight the last year or 2. I can get the shot without that big hook on my helmet just fine, so why bother. Plus, I could sell mine well :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Left is the best safety-wise. If a sight is on the right, there's more change of your bridle snagging on it (ask Piifish about that one). If left is your best eye too, why change?!
]

if you are worrying about a bridle snag on a ringsight you have bigger problems than deciding which side of the helmet to mount on.

if you are worrying about a bridle snag on a ringsight you have bigger problems than deciding which side of the helmet to mount on.

The same would apply on reducing any snagpoints on your helmet.

A snag point of the side of the helmet is understandable, as that is where the risers are. My point is if you have stuff flying all the way to the front of your helmet you are definitely doing something wrong.