piisfish

reading the Small Format Camera "Incident" list thread

it appears that in many cases, the main problem is the flesh+bones(but no brain) support under the camera....

if you can not remain stable while fiddling with a camera, you have no business flying one.... [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

yes, true, of course.
but...
how does one know they can't remain stable while fiddling with one until they need to fiddle with it?
And...
honest!!! I'm just gonna turn it on and let it run while I fly. I won't pay attention to it, nuthin'.
It's so small, it can't affect me. Even the SIM says "cameras can hurt your neck" and I wanna shoot video of my ALicense grad jump with my buddy who will have his A next week if he can cram in 10 more jumps. And dude! My AFF instructor, he said I'd probably be alright, I'm the best student he's ever had.
Who are you to question it? Plus my AFF, I have 5 S/L jumps from 1977, and my brother flew a ruck in the Army, and my next door neighbor has a parachute to cover his Porsche with. I been around, man!

yes, true, of course.
but...
how does one know they can't remain stable while fiddling with one until they need to fiddle with it?
And...
honest!!! I'm just gonna turn it on and let it run while I fly. I won't pay attention to it, nuthin'.
It's so small, it can't affect me. Even the SIM says "cameras can hurt your neck" and I wanna shoot video of my ALicense grad jump with my buddy who will have his A next week if he can cram in 10 more jumps. And dude! My AFF instructor, he said I'd probably be alright, I'm the best student he's ever had.
Who are you to question it? Plus my AFF, I have 5 S/L jumps from 1977, and my brother flew a ruck in the Army, and my next door neighbor has a parachute to cover his Porsche with. I been around, man!

:|:D:|:D:|:D:|

how do you know ?? try to touch your helmet and stay stable... :o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Dude....once I left the plane with the chin cup very loose on the ladders. Didn't realize til I had exited after the group.
Still kept em' all in frame, and latched it down tight (although crooked). But...my DZO was pretty adamant about cameras, jump numbers, etc. And I still sucked.

I was in the loading area yesterday and noticed a guy with rental gear on and a contour on his helmet. I asked how many jumps he had and he replied 14 and this was his first solo. I told him that I thought it was probably a bad idea to jump with the camera to which he replied...yup, you guessed it ..."I am just going to turn it on in the plane and I won't even know that it is there during the jump".

Then I told him that if he wanted to get on the plane he was going to have to take it off...