RiccardoChiades

Panasonic lumix dmc gf1 and bite switch

Hi everybody,first of all sorry for my english (i'm an italian guy)...
i usually jump as a video and photo for tandems and aff course. i use a canon eos 400d (rebel xti) with a canon 15mm f 2,8 fish eye lens and bite switch and i'm very keen of it...but the problem is the weight...now i'm looking for a panasonic lumix dmc gf1 with a panasonic lumix g 8mm fisheye and everything will become lighter!!!
the problem is the remore control:4 pole 2,5mm jack...i don't know how to modify it for the bite switch...
any suggestions?do someone already jump with this camera/lens settings...i would like to change but...it is expensive and before i have to know if is possible to let it work... :-)
thanks everybody..cheers

Paulo,
Thank you for referring to me!

A few people actually asked me about these Panasonic cameras. The issue isn’t that simple, the remote triggering involves a bit more than just a switch with the 4-prong plug.
The camera actually “communicates” with the remote.
I might be able to make a connection for the remote control though… The only problem is the testing since I don’t own a camera like this.
Anyway, if can make this happen I’ll post it.
-Laszlo-

Hi!
I am not sure if this will work but JJC manufactures a so called "JJC Luxary remote" for the GF1 (search amazon and you will find it) and if you search for Ricoh GX200 on the forum you will find plans for how to modify the switch to work with a bite-switch. Howver, the plans are for the GX200 and not for GX1 but the switch looks very simmilar...