Jkralovec

CX160 vs CX150/110

I'm buying a camera setup to be used in the cookie CX110/150 cage and Liquid flatlock camera mount.

1st. Will the 160 fit in this cage? It is slightly larger than the 110/150.

Are the features in the 160 really that much better? It is the newest "greatest" thing.

Where is the SD slot? on the bottom or the side on the 160 vs 150/110?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Where is the SD slot? on the bottom or the side on the 160 vs 150/110?

Also, might be worth looking at, my CX-100 has a sony memory stick (pro duo, not SD) and it's on the side. I know some of the newer CX's have the memory card slot on the bottom, which is a bitch to pull out... with mine (mounted on the side in a box) I open the box and can pull the card out without taking the camera out.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

How often do you pull the card and not just transfer the memory to a hard drive?

I know the 160 can transfer directly to an external HD w/o using a computer.

Can the 100 do this?

Probably can, but I never used it for that. I pull the card and plug it into my computer.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I almost universally remove the card and hand it to the editors... and I keep an extra set of cards on hand in case I have to run to do another jump... having the card access on the bottom of the camera would add a lot of heartache to my work flow...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I almost universally remove the card and hand it to the editors... and I keep an extra set of cards on hand in case I have to run to do another jump... having the card access on the bottom of the camera would add a lot of heartache to my work flow...

Scott

I actually modified my box a little so I could charge my camera without taking it out. Theoretically I never HAVE to remove the camera from the box. (Don't like having to torque the screw down for risk of breaking the base)

Ok, CX100 it is, they are readily available on ebay.

Now on to lenses. Are the liquids any good for a 1st timer? How is it with damage resistance?

One more thing, I'm fairly certian that the liquid lenses are NOT HD. It will still look better than using a regular SD camera, but for clarity and that good HD shot, get an HD lense.

I have a Raynox 3030, it's a pretty big lense (especially compaired to a liquid) but it is VERY clear! You can tell a marked difference between two cameras, one with the liquid and one with the raynox.

ETA: Link to some lense comparisons

Thanks for the link.

Also, now I'm thinking 150 because it is also EIS but takes SD card...

so many choices. Sony, why can't you make an EIS with side loading SD card?

Ok, CX100 it is, they are readily available on ebay.

Now on to lenses. Are the liquids any good for a 1st timer? How is it with damage resistance?

One more thing, I'm fairly certian that the liquid lenses are NOT HD. It will still look better than using a regular SD camera, but for clarity and that good HD shot, get an HD lense.

I have a Raynox 3030, it's a pretty big lense (especially compaired to a liquid) but it is VERY clear! You can tell a marked difference between two cameras, one with the liquid and one with the raynox.

ETA: Link to some lense comparisons

Thanks for the link.

Also, now I'm thinking 150 because it is also EIS but takes SD card...

so many choices. Sony, why can't you make an EIS with side loading SD card?

Because they are selling them to normal people more than skydivers. :P

Too true. I wonder when the tripod mount will go away. Seriously, how often do average consumers use tripods?

Hopefully they won't pull those out anytime soon. People don't care where the memory card is, so long as they know how to put it in and take it out. They never put cameras in boxes or other enclosures.

I'm thinking that the threaded lense adapter is going to be going with the dodo bird sometime in the not too distant future as well.

How often do you pull the card and not just transfer the memory to a hard drive?

I know the 160 can transfer directly to an external HD w/o using a computer.

Can the 100 do this?

On our DZ we pull the card after every jump to leave it for editing. So every one of us has 2 or 3 cards

Pros and cons between a CX110 and CX150. I am trying to figure out which one to pull the trigger on.

I see "inspected and refurbed by seller" CX150's with free shipping for 270 bucks on ebay right now.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Pros and cons between a CX110 and CX150. I am trying to figure out which one to pull the trigger on.

I see "inspected and refurbed by seller" CX150's with free shipping for 270 bucks on ebay right now.

They are the same except the 150 has internal memory

Does it also have the ability to take memory cards?

From the Sony website:

Media Type : 16GB Non-Removeable Flash Memory; Memory Stick PRO Duo™ MARK2 Media and SD/SDHC/SDXC (Class 4) media (Sold Separately)

Can the OIS be turned off? I am looking at cameras and the 150 seems to be no longer available and the 160 has the threads for a lens.

The whole point of OIS being bad for skydiving is that while sure you can turn it off in the menu, that won't matter much because stuff can and will still move in freefall. Hence, OIS = bad for skydiving.

ciel bleu,
Saskia