JOLEENK02

Sony CX mount

Does anyone have any thoughts about using a schumacher quick shoe for mounting a CX 100

That's what I use... it works great. I did add an anti-twist post to make sure the cam stays pointed in the right direction. A small screw or pop rivet can be used for that.

Does anyone have any thoughts about using a schumacher quick shoe for mounting a CX 100

Oh yes, just be careful not to overtighten the screw holding camera in place, or you'll find the CX100's nut can pull out of the camera body. I haven't have that issue (500-ish jumps on this setup) ... probably because I was careful after reading the woes of others in this forum.

Joleenk02 I dont want to steal your thread but this is useful to me too as I have just got a CX105E and am trying to fit it to my Bonehead FTP. I was just looking at the Para Gear catalogue and saw the Schumacher mounting plate you referred to and some Cookie boxes that looked good but pricey.

If anyone has any other good ideas for mounting the camera I would be interested, I am currently working through the long list of items that came up on a search of previous threads. I would ideally like to get this rigged up for the weekend and not wait for something to ship through the mail but I have neither the resources or skills to do much of a 'Do It Yourself' job.

Use your wings Johnny....