jordan_eli

Go-pro stills with standard lens

I am doing outside video using a sony Cx110, with a .5 wide angle, and I'm wondering does anybody know if there is a lens for a Gopro (for stills) that would be compatible with the .5 wide angle thats on my video camera. I have seen a 54 degree (model GMHW50) vs the 170 degree, which is more what Im looking for, however could that be set to take stills at every one second vs every 2 seconds?

You unfortunately can't swap out the lens on the GoPro. I never did the test, but it appears the photos on the standard def gopro and the gopro HD are the same. So if you want to you may be able to just find an old (non) wide gopro on ebay for fairly cheap. According to the manual you can set it to take pictures every 2 seconds.

Also mess around with the modes. R5 will be the narrowest mode and will make the field of view 127 degrees wide. But shoot, that's only on video. Its a set field of view for stills.

-Trunk
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

You can contact Dennis at Ragecams in Michigan. One of his e-mail addresses is [email protected]. Ragecams may or may not be stuntcams but they're both in the Grand Rapids area. I sent them my GoPro and had them fix a problem I'd caused. They also replaced the lens with a 6 mm lens as described in the stuntcams site which seems to be from the Ragecams site. Anyway, I haven't tried it yet but it's definitely not nearly as wide as the original GoPro. They are planning on coming out with other lenses too

I forgot to mention that you can download the latest firmware upgrade from the GoPro site and get a new "P1" stills mode which takes a still about every 1.3 seconds instead of the old 2 second interval. The P1 isn't necessarily documented but it's there.

Thats a nice link! have anyone ckecked those bullet HD cam? 12mp picture mode instead of the 5 mp go pro offers. The only thing is they say is water proof but they dont say a what deph?

http://stuntcams.com/shop/bullet-fire-camera-helmet-waterproof-720p-p-301.html
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html