skycamefalling

GoPro Video Issues

Dont worry, I am not using for skydiving. My wife bought it for me as a birthday gift not knowing that there is a 200 jump minimum for jumping with a camera. So I figure since I have it, might as well use it while doing other things.

Here is my issue. I bought a Lexar 16GB SDHC Class 4 card for it and get real choppy video footage and settings 1-4. Video quality on 5 is just fine. Also, I have no issues with stills on settings 1-5. I formatted the card in the camera and the video is still choppy. I contacted GoPro and their response was that my card is probably not compatible with the camera and I should use a Kingston or a Patriot.

So I got a Kingston 16GB SDHC Class 6 card and I still get the video choppiness on settings 1-4. I did format this card in the camera before using also. I contacted GoPro and have not received a response as of yet. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I am playing back video through the USB cable straight from the camera. I tried using different media players and found that my windows media player can not playback settings 1-4, but can play back setting 5. With the VLC media player, I can playback video on each setting, but it kinda pauses as the camera moves. When I playback on Quicktime, it will playback without any issues.

So I figure the issue is with the windows media player, but dont understand why it will play the highest resolution setting and not the lower resolution settings.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Because the lower resolution settings may well be in a bitrate column that your system can't manage/decode.
Playback from the camera via USB isn't the same as playing back from an HDD. USB also shares bus resources, whereas a direct Xfer to HDD and then playback will generally be happy days on any computer that can run Win7