ryan_d_sucks

Gizmodo Feature Article

A non jumping friend sent this to me. Apparently its one of the feature articles on Gizmodo today. It's a pretty cool video, and the quality of the GoPro looks damn nice. How do you make gopro footage look THAT good?
http://gizmodo.com/#!5793612/watching-people-skydive-in-slow-motion-is-absolutely-mesmerizing

60p source, twixtor (or other time-shift software), converted footage with heavy C/C... and good editing in the case of this vid.
You can do this with almost any cam....just takes time, a little skill, and the effort.

I like the green Porter

The paint job is one thing, but moving the wing from the top of the fuselage to the bottom is the really cool part.

That aside, using slow-mo to make up for so-so footage is an old trick. If you can get 2 seconds of tight video, slo-mo can turn that into 5 seconds of dramatic tight footage. It doesn't change the fact that it's still only 2 seconds of tight video.

It is a nice effect, and I would like to see it put to use with some top quality footage.

A non jumping friend sent this to me. Apparently its one of the feature articles on Gizmodo today. It's a pretty cool video, and the quality of the GoPro looks damn nice. How do you make gopro footage look THAT good?
http://gizmodo.com/#!5793612/watching-people-skydive-in-slow-motion-is-absolutely-mesmerizing

60p source, twixtor (or other time-shift software), converted footage with heavy C/C... and good editing in the case of this vid.
You can do this with almost any cam....just takes time, a little skill, and the effort.

Is there a vegas plug-in for twixtor? Or is there a suitable workflow to emulate?

Vegas has VERY good resampling and motion interpolation. But...it's nothing like Twixtor. I have a time-warp tutorial on YouTube on the VASSTTraining channel.

Twixtor does not plug into Vegas. AE is the easiest/most common solution.