jtnesbitt

Final Cut Pro X

DSE,
I am not here to debate what format is better, because we know you have interest in Sony and you think it is the best. You are doing a fantastic job of representing them. That's fine. No argument there. You are entitled.

That's not quite the case, Bill. Vegas, Canopus, Premiere, SpeedEdit, even shitty ole' Ulead Media Studio Pro (now gone), Pinnacle Liquid (gone), Avid Media Composer...all have/have had realtime, no render view.
For Apple acolytes to act as though this is some kind of big deal is ridiculously ignorant. There isn't a single new feature in the app collection that other tools haven't been providing for years. It's not a Sony/Apple thing.
It's a "pull your head out of the sand and understand why you don't see FCP in broadcast houses very often (KTLA is in the process of deciding to abandon a fortune spent on the slowness of the editor, due to lack of K2 and MediaPool compliance that Apple promised years ago), and recognize that even Adobe Premiere (parent of FCP) now running on the Apple side is a significantly better choice.
You still can't import VBR AVCHD without conforming, so it destroys the value of file-based. Additionally, metatags are lost. Metadata is what makes file-based workflows "work." A simple industry-standard overwrite is a major PITA compared to everyone else, too. Simple stuff.
It's awesome you can do frame matchback; it's the only matchback alternative to Avid. I'm sure all 11 of those guys out there shooting 16, super 16, and 35mm, editing in FCP, and then printing a neg really appreciate this ability.:P
I'd challenge you to find any pro editor that will work with FCPX, as even Apple suggests it's not ready for prime time.
Use what you will, but please don't continue to serve the koolaid if you don't know what other tools actually do.
It is kinda cool that every soccer mom that has a MacBook can now afford the same software that Walter Murch and Billy Goldenberg used to use.

At the end of the day, it's about what makes you happy making media. But...to perpetuate myths or to act as though real-time color correction preview is a great thing... I suppose it is. Just like realizing that a turbine prop plane is really exciting compared to the 182 you've been jumping out of for years, having never been to another DZ.

No it's not...its editing mistakes you can make in any program. 100% possible. Far from inaccurate.

It's certainly inaccurate to imply the "errors" were due to FCP X.

What is it with my run-ins with people on the internet lately...way to serious.

C'mon quade...that was funny.

If anybody want to know what's up...just try it out.

and if you don't need it...fageddabatit!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

yep...I already knew you'd delete my post...God forbid anyone criticize your work.

You seem very insecure...typical.

Why debate the point when you can just delete it?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...