skydivex3m

NTCS in Europe

Hi everybody..
I bought a CX110 in the States, and am now in Europe for a short while. My old home DZ want me to film a couple of tandems this weekend. Can i use my own camera that will record in NTCS and put it on a DVD for the customer to watch on his TV, or how does this work?
https://icarusanddaedalusadventures.blogspot.com/

In the event you're using a computer, then PAL/NTSC don't matter at all in outdoor environments, only indoor environments.

So..shoot away, then set your software to output PAL or NTSC. Vegas, Premiere, Canopus, Avid...all can convert on the fly.

Lighting flickers at 50Hz while the camera is timed for 60Hz. There is a flicker/pulse that occurs when shooting in most indoor lighting situations. Some folks don't mind it, others are driven crazy over it, and the flicker/pulse is suspected as a trigger for photosensitive epileptics.

Thanks, didn’t know about that. I was planning to buy my next camera in the US as opposed to local. My last Sony (PAL) purchased was about £695 here when everyone in the US was buying the same camera (NTSC) for $525.

I edit everything though Sony Vegas so thought I’d just give up buying here, but I do also use the camera for non-skydiving, so looks like I’ll stick with PAL.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"