papaske

Lens for sony cx110 - which is the best overall ?

Looking for the best overall lens for shooting tandems and bigways - have tried a Raynox HD-3035PRO HD Lens and it seems to work ok but a little long doing bigways . But I could always zoom up a little if I need too . Looking for the best overall lens . What do you think ?

I'm not sure there is a "best overall" lens. One of the nice things about the Raynox 3035 is that it is about the widest lenses you can get and still be able to zoom through most of its range. IMHO, this is very important for tandems, but not so much for big-ways. Unfortunately, it still isn't that wide when mounted on a CX110/150.

But when you said "long," that doesn't sound right. I can't imagine ever needing to zoom in with this lens for big ways. I just wish I could zoom out even more.

Keep in mind that the stock CX-110 is much narrower than many older Sony DV cameras. So an equivalent lens won't show as much of a field of view on the newer camera as it did on your old camera. i.e., you may need something more wide-angle to get the same image. You should see if you can try one out on YOUR camera before purchasing.

Thanks guys - will probably go with the .55 - used a .6 sony on my old camera , and it was great . Thanks again .

If that was a sony .6, that lens is about as wide as a hama .45 (or even a bit wider). And that's on the same camera.
Numbers don't tell the whole story. Try before you buy.

I was used to the sony .6/hama .45 on older cameras so I bought the raynox hd5050 for my HC5/CX105. Stupid move, it was way too narrow for me. The raynox hd3030 series are awesome though IMO.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The CX110/115, CX150/155 cameras have much wider lenses than the previous ones. A Century 0.55 in them is wider than a Raynox 0.3 in the CX100/105, and most of the lenses including the Century 0.3 vignettes, except the Raynox 0.3 and Century 0.55.
I believe a CX110/115, CX150/155 with a Century 0.55 is a perfect combination, you can even zoom in half trough it!