aerialcameraman

camera jackets

It depends on your rig. But for many rigs, clipping them to the hip rings can lead to rapid, dangerous wear on the webbing on your hip rings, and a less than easy quick disconnect if needed. I had to get all new lower leg straps after not too many jumps with the RSL ring connected to the hip ring.

I would recommend using dedicated rings, or having them sewn on to your rig. I know Javelin will do this as a standard feature, but a qualified rigger can make this mod as well.

I recommend the FireFly Camera Jacket with rsl clips that go around the leg strap with a mini ring only. with 5000 plus jump with this system its the best their is. with this system you can grab any rig and go. putting tab rigs on your rig limits you to your rig only. check them out http://www.fireflysuits.com/

Bev's camera jackets do a similar thing, they have a tab long enough to loop around the leg strap and then come back and then the shackle connects back to the long tab.

Up side, no additional hard ware on the rig and you can grab most any rig and go. Another up side is the tab will wear our before the rig components and when it does it is far cheaper to repair. Much like the Firefly set up.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Do you have a problem with discounting them after under canopy to reduce the drag. On my suit I have after the canopy is open I do that

I have a Tony suit with the loop-around shackles. I sewed on rings on my rigs, lower than usual so they fit the long loop. If I jump the jacket with the loops actually around the legstrap (ie, on a borrowed rig), I can undo the shackle but I can't get them completely un-looped, which is annoying.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Do you have a problem with discounting them after under canopy to reduce the drag. On my suit I have after the canopy is open I do that

Not hard to undo for me. Never really noticed any issues.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

this system seems to work really well. plenty of jump on them.
a mini-ring sewn to the legstrap and the rsl on the wing.

same spot each time, easy to reach and undo, easy to clip on, nothing to go around your legstrap.

-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.