AndyU

Sabre2 170 in a J2

Will a Sabre2 170 fit into a Javelin J2 with a PD 160 reserve? I have had both yes and no from people. Sunpath says that they wouldn't recommend it, but I was wondering if anyone out there has seen it or done it.
Thanks
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

I understand that, but they said it is possible, just tight and would not recommend it. That's why I'm asking if anyone has done it.
The previous owner did have a Silhouette 170 in it, that is also a 9 cell. So I guess the question could also be.....
Does a sabre2 170 and a silhouette 170 fold up to be the same size in the D bag?
--
Andy Ussach

silhouette is50/50 ZP/F111 if i recall correctly. a sabre 2 is all ZP. i would DEFINITELY NOT recommend a brand spanking new slippery-hard-to-pack sabre 2 in a J2. I however DID have an F111 9 cell 175 in my J2 and it fit just fine. not tight at all. A silhouette will pack up smaller than a sabre2, but if you are looking at new ones, you may hate yourself for it, and your packers may hate you for it too. :)
__

along the same lines... javelin says i would need a j4 to hold a sabre 190, is anyone jumping a sabre/sabre2 190 in a j3? if so, what size reserve and how difficult is packing?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Depends on where you jump. If you jump in a more humidclimate (Florida, east coast of US in the summer), it'll be tight. If you jump in a drier climate (Perris, Eloy, etc) it may be a major pain to pack, not to mention stretched (think weakened) flaps

But if Sunpath told you that they wouldn't recommend it... I'd go with what they said.

I would add to Lisa's info that as the pilot chute gets older with more jumps, it will have less snatch force and this could affect deployment combined with humidity.

Did you ask Sunpath why they don't recommend this combination? If so, why are you so reluctant to follow their advice?

Sunpath said that they don't recommend it do to it will be a tight fit. But it should work. They even told me that they don't want to take the responsibility for if I buy it, and it doesn't fit correctly. That's why I was checking with iothers to see if they had problems with it fitting.
--
Andy Ussach