skydiveaddict

Adapter for a Cameye to attach to cx150??

Before I go out and spend more $$ I figured I would toss a question out.

I currently have an old Sony PC109 with a Cameye attached via Lanc port. I just bought a Sony cx150 which doesn't have a Lanc port. Does anyone know of an adapter that can fit on the end of the Cameye and attach to the cx150 or do I pretty much have to rip out the Cameye and put in a Hypeye??:P

The adaptor can't help with certain control issues of the early version of the CamEye. Those problems are coming from the CamEye itself. According with the manufacture's web site all CamEyes made after August of 2000 shouldn't have a problem. That's my experince too; I have a unit from 1999 which works but once awhile does some funky stuff.

I do make those adapters:)

...and they do the job very nice. :)
As OP, I also had PC-109/106, now CX105 and I`m very satisfied.

Lszlo, maybe in the future versions you could consider stronger-more rugged cable/wire. Just a suggestion. :)
dudeist skydiver #42

...and they do the job very nice. :)

Lszlo, maybe in the future versions you could consider stronger-more rugged cable/wire. Just a suggestion. :)

+1 Still think the debrie port should be female half moon since half moon cables are so common these days

Thank you guys for the comliment!
The "female half moon" thing came to my head right away when I started to build these adapters.
The only problem is I can't get them. I could maybe salvage them from broken camcorders; I don't know if that would be feasible...
I'm still looking for Jacks with more rugged cable.
In the other hand I taped the whole adapter assembly to my CX100, it doesn't move/dangle around so the cable's ruggedness isn't a factor in my case.