skydivetara

Contour box? Anything?

Rawa and 2K make them, and chutingstar sells them:

http://www.chutingstar.com/newgear_en/rawa-contour-camera-box.html

http://www.chutingstar.com/newgear_en/contour-hd-box.html

But what do you mean by sidemounting it on top?

I have the 2K one and it is great. But it's made from some kind of metal, I don't know if that can block your GPS signal, as I have the non GPS Contour model.
I think he means to have it on top but laying on it's side, like the image attached. I have mine mounted the same way.

Haha, dumba! It was the post above! I bought the one that you posted a picture of. That is exactly how I am mounting mine! I friend of mine has had her contour come off because her risers hitt it on the side of her helmet. TWICE!

THANKS SO MUCH! I didnt even look at chutingstar! I <3 DZ.com

The dimensions of the GPS version is different than the normal contourHD 1080p. Make sure you get a box for the GPS version. I personally have not seen one yet. It looks like the rawa one will not work, the 2K composites one may. Email chutingstar or 2KC to find out.

A lot of people are happy with these mounts too that work with any version of the contour camera:
Contour Sturdy Mounts
HYPOXIC

The dimensions of the GPS version is different than the normal contourHD 1080p. Make sure you get a box for the GPS version. I personally have not seen one yet. It looks like the rawa one will not work, the 2K composites one may. Email chutingstar or 2KC to find out.

The GPS dimension difference is just in a bigger (taller) slide button on top. The GPS version will work with the Rawa and 2KC boxes, but it's definitely a tighter fit and takes a bit more effort for turning on/off.

The GetHypoxic Contour Mount bypasses that issue since it mounts via the rail system. So this type of system may be your best bet with the GPS-style Contour if you need it to be an easy on/off.

There is similar type rail system being put out by Cookie for attaching to the side of a G2 at the Visor Locking Plate area. This can also be used on a flat side or flat top helmet.

Mike
ChutingStar.com