velocityphoto

Contact lens and gatorz?

Frames are Radiators. Contact lenses are Biofinity toric. The glasses are worn under a Bonehead Mantle, which keeps them nice and snug. Often air circulates between the sunglasses and my eyes, but it is not enough to disturb the contact lenses.

I'm weighing the option of getting contacts . Can't seem to find any gatorz with RX lenses or comparable to wear in free fall.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I have have used these for about the last 6 years B40. They are cheaper and in about 400 skydives a year I go through 1 to 2 pairs . They fit well and have foam gasket. I tried once to use a very good fitting pair of sunglasses and spent the entire skydive in a blurr.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

I suggest using goggles with CLs and NOT sunglasses.

Even a small amount of extra airflow over the ocular surface will cause drying and this will cause loss of clarity though a CL.

Adhesion to the corneal surface, pain on ocular movement, lack of stability of vision ( especially with toric lenses for astigmatism ) and the possibility of lenses being blown out of the eyes are all a real concern. If your lenses get blown out and you are above -0.75 DS myopic you are in REAL trouble seeing... especially on a skydive.

I started jumping in goggles, got vain, switched to sunnies, got old and un-vain and went back to goggles...

note: nobody cares if you wear your cool sunnies in freefall. your loved ones will care if you smash yourself 'cause you cant see to land.

better still get Rx goggles made up. They are what I recommend to patients that also jump

see ya

I "fear" to use gatorz with CL`s but I hate my goggles too...
Maybe I try these correction lenses you put in over night (don`t know their name) anytime soon....

Until them, I continue hating the goggles but only because they do not look as cool as gatorz :-)

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

People with wetter eye ball seems to have no problem.

If you have dry eye ball, you know who you are, don't even think about it.

I have very dry one, contact lense bothers me sometimes even with the taped up goggle.
Windtunnel and contacts suck as well for me, other seems to have no problem wearing lense in the wind tunnel. So i just don't wear any and fly like a bat in that thing.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

" Orthokeratology "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokeratology

for an unusual and not so popular therapy, this modality has its benefits. I have not fitted these lenses as they are not mainstream. However a friend wears them and is quite happy. Downside is high cost (1000) bucks a year, pain on insertion, poor compliance, clear vision may not last until the following night when you reinsert the lenses. Once you have done this for a couple of years you could have payed for Lasik... but Ortho-K is reversible...

go with the RX goggles... cheaper and easyier

Also, remove the nose piece. The brass fittings can be removed to create a smooth surface. I jump with Wraptors both with helmets and without. I have been using them for a long time with no problems. However I made one jump with the nosepiece on and way too much air got through. The Wraptors and Magnums seem to be the best coverage. I use Bausch and Lomb Soflens CL's.

The problem I ran into is when I used goggles I wasn't going to walk around the DZ with them on and the bright sun with give me headaches if I don't use sunglasses. Plus, since I was always wearing them that moment when you realize you forgot your goggles becomes a memory. Haha.

Disclaimer: Rep for Gatorz
If you have any questions PM me
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters