Cameraflyer72

anyone knows a company or person who makes custom made flattop camera helmets?

Hi guys, anyone knows a company or person who makes custom made flattop camera helmets? Both flattop pro and Vapor have one size and fit every size with extra liners. What I want is a helmet will fit me my head and liner is there for the comfort not to fit. I want a small body helmet with large top. I appreciate any help.

I am in the USA, but like I said willing to buy from any place as long as the helmet is what I am looking for.

I know a Dutch company who makes custom fit helmets, but you'd have to come over here to have it made, kinda expensive...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

woww, no one knows about this?

I used to know guy, but he's gone now.

I'm surprised that you're surprised there isn't anyone out there. There are only a handful of companies making helmets worldwide, I can only think of 6, but maybe there are 10. Out of those, none of them exclusively make camera helmets, they all do a full line of helmets, and some evern do cross-over to other sports/applications to make ends meet.

With that in mind, it's not hard to imagine that nobody is out there doing custom one-off full face camera helmets. Full face is probably the smallest segment of the market, so it would be tough to make a business out of it.

When Wes was making helemts, he was doing it out of a trailer in Deland, and as of 10 or 12 years ago, one of his lids was going for around $1500. I'm sure that price went up over time, but that's a big hunk of change when you could get one off the shelf for a thrid of that price.

If you really want custom, and want to spend the bucks, get in touch with Chris at Bonehead, and see if he can do you a custom fit FTP. I've never heard of them doing that, but I guess if you roll in there with $2k, they might be willing to make an exception.

Wes sold a DVD with the instructions on how to build one yourself. There are several people on here that have made their own. They might be willing to sell you their copy. The111 on here is one and he did a write up on his process. After reading how much work it was, you migh not be interested.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

When Wes was making helemts, he was doing it out of a trailer in Deland, and as of 10 or 12 years ago, one of his lids was going for around $1500. I'm sure that price went up over time, but that's a big hunk of change when you could get one off the shelf for a thrid of that price.

Yes, his prices were quite a bit more than that in the last couple years he was around.

I know a handful of people who have built their own "Wes" helmets (myself included), and all of them say they would not build one for another person, even for $2-3k... and we've all received offers. It's just too much freaking work.

If you need me to hook you up with the instructions, I can, and I will also help you along the way with any questions you have.

I think there may have been a guy in Texas making similar helmets, Voodew1 and Professor on here might know something about him. But I don't think he ever did it as prolifically as Wes did.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com