aerialcameraman

post your both camera top mount cameras

There are a few close up shots of my setup in the "post your camera helmet" thread... I'd post a link but I just posted one a bit over a week ago... :|

heck the thread I posted my link in is on page one...

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

IMO this is an extremely user friendly setup . I have lots of setups over the years and this works best for me. If i wanted to build another helmet right now i'd do the exact same layout only on top of a sky systems vapor! It has a wider top plate and is extremely comfortable as well. However i would try to modify the cutaway cable on it a bit to make for an easier grab. Liquid flat lock is super sweet with the cookie cx100 cage ! It is locked in place solid with zero twisting or movement. The stroboframe has an anti twist plate under the still camera as well , but i do get a little bit of movement out of it if the screw is loose. I'd go with a flat lock on the still as well but i don't think they have a way of putting an anti twist plate on it? Here's a link to my other helmet, minus some upgrades to it since that thread.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3168454;search_string=post%20your%20camera%20helmet;#3168454

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Can u guys do me a favor and post pictures of you camera helmet that has both stills and video mounted on top your camera helmet

Here is my current setup. Well mostly... the still camera in that picture was an XS, but I now have a T1i on there. Thinking about adding a flash setup of some sort to it now.

So u don't have anything other then the strobo holding the still on the top.

Huh? Still on my helmet is just a camerascrew. Video is held on by a strobo.

Edit: on all the other helmeys i posted, yes a quick release is all you need.

ciel bleu,
Saskia