ASTKU

How to remove small access door of cx110?

Recently upgraded from a mini-dv Sony to a CX-110.... Replaced the old box with a new cookie cage which was very easy. Now I am trying to hook up my mini hypeye. Multiple issues, first being due to the fact that the half moon connecting spot is now on the side of the camcorder instead of the back. This just means I need to do some more drilling but what I realize is that there is not enough space (between helmet and CX) for the little door to open that will eventually give me access to the half moon connector.
Anyone know how to remove this door without breaking it??
Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

seriously, has anybody ever tried to put the door back on?? grab a exacto kinfe and get to cuttin.

It's not rubber its plastic so I don't think an exacto will do it. I don't care about putting the door back on. Tearing it off is probably more in line with that thinking but I am just worried about damaging the frame of the camera or exposing something..?.?..

I just cut a small piece out the door for just the cameye. Leave the rest on.

Yahtzee! Used some wire cutters and a couple of good snaps was all it took!

Thanks

You're welcome. I stole this idea one from a video guy at my dropzone. It helps protect the other connectors behind the door.
Blue skies!