labrys

Cameye vs Cameye II

To further complicate this......Mine has a bright blue light, and has the logo on the back. I also cut part of the tab off because it was so bright.

What size is the plug? What type is the stereo pin? (compare it to my pictures above).

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

To further complicate this......Mine has a bright blue light, and has the logo on the back. I also cut part of the tab off because it was so bright.

What size is the plug? What type is the stereo pin? (compare it to my pictures above).

It is the "low profile" plug. Looks like the one on the left in your last photo.
BASE 1384

It is the "low profile" plug. Looks like the one on the left in your last photo.

Aha!

So: Light can be either green or blue (but has to be blindingly bright) for Cameye II. ;)

Larger Plug, Thicker Cord, and Smaller Profile Stereo Pin Base = Cameye II

Smaller Plug, Thinner Cord, and Larger Profile Stereo Pin Base = Cameye I

Thanks, Conor. You have the CII, right? If so, then it fits with my Sky Tools email that some CII's have green lights and some blue. The jack on mine looks like the one on the right, so I think that the one on the left is what they call "low profile"

Plus, I've never been bothered at all by the brightness of the light, although I do have old eyes..

I'm still pretty sure I have the Cameye and not the CII

Which means I've just wasted time and money for Chutingstar because they shipped me a replacement for the adapter I thought was broken.

:(
Owned by Remi #?

Thanks, Conor. You have the CII, right? If so, then it fits with my Sky Tools email that some CII's have green lights and some blue. The jack on mine looks like the one on the right, so I think that the one on the left is what they call "low profile"

Plus, I've never been bothered at all by the brightness of the light, although I do have old eyes..

I'm still pretty sure I have the Cameye and not the CII

Which means I've just wasted time and money for Chutingstar because they shipped me a replacement for the adapter I thought was broken.

:(

Well allow me to take it off your hands! I needed to buy one for my CX before next season anyway. Just let me know how much $$$
BASE 1384

Aha!

So: Light can be either green or blue (but has to be blindingly bright) for Cameye II. ;)

Larger Plug, Thicker Cord, and Smaller Profile Stereo Pin Base = Cameye II

Smaller Plug, Thinner Cord, and Larger Profile Stereo Pin Base = Cameye I

Glad we could get to the bottom of that!
BASE 1384

Excellent. I got the adapter with the debrief port. It was about $60.

Is that what you wanted? If so I'll just pay Chutingstar for both and get a CII for myself.

It's all good. Whatever you guys figure out on the adapters, let me know. Glad we finally figured out the difference on the CamEye and CamEye II. I'm going to put the final results of all the research in this thread in our adapter listing so hopefully future jumpers know in the future before buying whether they have the I or II.

Thanks!

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Glad we finally figured out the difference on the CamEye and CamEye II. I'm going to put the final results of all the research in this thread in our adapter listing so hopefully future jumpers know in the future before buying whether they have the I or II.

Thanks, Mike. Sorry about the confusion. I really thought I had the CII when I ordered the adapter.

Thanks for your most excellent customer service.
Owned by Remi #?

Glad we finally figured out the difference on the CamEye and CamEye II. I'm going to put the final results of all the research in this thread in our adapter listing so hopefully future jumpers know in the future before buying whether they have the I or II.

Mike, if you want full res pics of what I posted here, or better pictures than what my iPhone took, let me know. Also, feel free to use your own technical terms for the descriptions as I was just shooting off the cuff and probably didn't use the correct terms. :)

you can dim the brightness of the LED indicators.

You can do this on a Hypeye but not a Cameye.

Yes, that's what I was saying in the OP, but didn't carry the clarity through.

Glad you guys all found the answers that Labrys needed.

To make it final:

I definitely was confused and had a cameye and not a cameye 2. Ordered a C 2 and it works perfectly with both cameras. The C2 I just received has a bright blue light, a logo, and the low profile connector.

Another word about chutingstars customer service is in order. Mike went way out if his way to make sure this worked out, including sending me a second adapter to try, no charge, while we tried to figure this out just in case the original adapter was defective...at his own risk and expense.

I won't be buying anything from anyone else online if Mike sells it.
Owned by Remi #?