mchamp

Sony 2011 camcorder Lineup

Is the cx160 bottom feed memory card or side feed like the cx100? I have a cookie cage and flat lock i'm hoping it will fit in it?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

CX160 is not side card slot
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/01/02/HDR-CX160_Terminal2_BK-1200_540x321.jpg

CX560 is side card slot
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/multiple_images/item_images/IMG_190664.jpg

I cant find a picture of the cx160 bottom

For me, it would be the cx160 or 560, the 60p is nice and 37mm threads.

I see people jumping the cx300 for 4way, and I jumped the cx550 no probs.

I think the OIS stink comes into play mainly for high speed sit.

Kai

HMmmmmm

played with cx160 today, not mine, so no jumps.

but it is bottom card slot.

big Question for DSE,

with 60p can you create a blu ray dvd? or any dvd?
are dvds restricted to interlace only?

the cx160 in PS 60p mode stated that you cant use for blu ray dvd.

and i confirmed with frenchie 4way video dude, that is using a cx300 with OIS and Active mode on, footage super nice.

Kai

Brandon from Arizona Arsenal ended up doing more jumps on the CX130/CX160 for me the past couple weeks and found:

* All steadyshot modes and with it off, flutter on the CX160 in head-up. Tested with the Century .55x lens
* Pure belly appeared fine

I have seen some video of the CX700 with no lens in active mode and it appears it did not have any issues head-up. However, from the shadow of the video it appears side mounted. The video is at CX-700 Test OIS active mode - no lens, focus - manual infinity by I Kalinin

On another note, Sony has some new standard def cameras that may work for budget conscious jumpers that are just burning to a SD DVD anyway. These cameras do not have OIS on them: SX44/SX45/SX65/SX85

Unfortunately, Sony on their HD cameras (SD cameras work fine) did change the AV/R protocol slightly. HYPEYE D PRO users may have issues focusing through certain lenses when the HYPEYE is installed. However, it should be noted that these cameras are super wide by default so a 6x/7x lens is good enough for most applications. None-the-less, if you are going to purchase a 2011 HD Camcorder we do have these special HYPEYE D PRO units on sale from our website. In the meantime, I will work on making a list of lenses that will work and not work with the current HYPEYE D PRO. I would not suggest getting this special model unless you absolutely need it.

Blue Ones,
-Trunk
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

after my latest neck injury. I'm thinking about going tapeless. so i had a sx45 in my hands today at wal-mart $219.00 it looks to have a cameye d port and also a firewire port am i correct in this? I could save a ton of weight if i go to this i'm thinking. not owning a blu-ray player or a high-def t.v. i'm thinking that this would be a good upgrade for me. what do you think trunk? dse?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

thanks . I'm just wanting some weight savings that brick of a pc101 hurt me bad over st. pattys day. I'm perfectly happy with the quality of the footage though.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Here u go FatButt

http://stores.ebay.com/Merkle-Camera-and-Video

they have sold tonnes in the last few weeks
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

On a further note could this software allow us skydivers to practically use any HD camera and be able to "clean" up the footage therefore having smooth, steady, clear footage?

Seems like it really has potential

http://gizmodo.com/5818238/vreveal-uses-military+grade-image-stabilization-to-fix-your-shaky-home-movies
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

There was a Russian guy here in Empuria jumping a TD10 at the weekend,
What an awesome camera, the picture is incredible, really impressed,
He only ever flies Headdown, but the footage was great and very stable, didn't get a chance to try it out though, really wanted to try it with a tandem to see how it handled belly, back and sit
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

I bought an HDR-HC3 about five years ago. So what has changed since then? It looks like the comparable model is the HDR-CX700. Viewfinder, remote, 1/3" CCD, 10x optical zoom, $1300 retail. The only noticeable differences I can see are removal of the tape transport in favor of SD card storage (should be cheaper to manufacture) and support for 1080p in addition to 1080i (easy to do with the faster processors available today). Am I missing anything?

It's also interesting to note that the lower tier (HDR-CX130) has 30x optical zoom while the upper tier (HDR-CX700) still only has 10x optical zoom.

I bought an HDR-HC3 about five years ago. So what has changed since then? It looks like the comparable model is the HDR-CX700. Viewfinder, remote, 1/3" CCD, 10x optical zoom, $1300 retail. The only noticeable differences I can see are removal of the tape transport in favor of SD card storage (should be cheaper to manufacture) and support for 1080p in addition to 1080i (easy to do with the faster processors available today). Am I missing anything?

It's also interesting to note that the lower tier (HDR-CX130) has 30x optical zoom while the upper tier (HDR-CX700) still only has 10x optical zoom.

Um, yeah, you're missing some stuff :S

1) the CX700 has OIS (like is talked about in this thread)
2) no more firewire
3) no more (straight-up) use of a came-eye (buy either a hype-eye or a converter)
4) no more copying to-from cameras and no copying from pc to camera either

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Yeah, the OIS topic has already been covered so I didn't bring it up. For ground based video it is probably an improvement.

I guess USB is probably slower than FireWire but can't you just pull the SD card for faster copies to your PC? Also is there anything preventing you from using an SD card writer to copy video to another camera?

Overall, I don't see much progress in the last five years unless video quality has improved. It sounds like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back. Is that the general consensus?

Overall, I don't see much progress in the last five years unless video quality has improved. It sounds like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back. Is that the general consensus?

Nope. To me the convenience of working with digital files vs tapes far outweighs any other minor (imho) inconveniences.