velocityphoto

Backing up my files on mac

This has to be mac compatible. I"m wanting to have a dock like a card reader type thing to insert hard drives in. So i could just unplug one and plug in another. I know i have seen them before just don't know the best system out there ? Mirror hard drives would be cool.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Just look up hard drive docking stations. If you have an eSATA port, I'd recommend using that, but there are USB versions too. I used one until i bought a drobo recently (another great option). I think mine is a thermaltake brand docking station. Works great.

Dave

I got one of these:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/NewerTech/Voyager/Hard_Drive_Dock

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/FWU2ES2HDK/

Highly recommended and totally mac plug and play. I bought the SATA/usb one (might not still be available) but I wish I had gotten the one that included Firewire 800 though. For back up purposes, it would be nice to be able to hot-swap. Which Firewire can do and SATA can't.

I rotate drives in and out for on-site and off-site back-ups, and just used it last week to clone my notebook drive before upgrading. Works like a charm

Just look up hard drive docking stations. If you have an eSATA port, I'd recommend using that, but there are USB versions too. I used one until i bought a drobo recently (another great option). I think mine is a thermaltake brand docking station. Works great.

Dave

How do you like it? Are you using the drobo as backup media or general storage?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706