keithbar

fair price?

so a gently used cannon rebel xti with rubber armor, 18-55 kit lens and a spare 75-300 lens what's it worth? I'm thinking got to be well over a 100 bucks but prob not more than 300 bucks am i in the ballpark?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I recently sold an XTi with 18-55 lens (and nothing else other than a spare batter and memory card) for $250 after looking at some prices on ebay. I had 3 people ready to buy and more came asking after it was sold, so I'd say you should be able to do better than that.

Dave

thanks for the reply. I don't jump it anymore and haven't much at all. someone was asking about buying it. and i hadn't even thought about what to ask. the extra long lens isn't an expensive model i don't think. a quantaray? so somewhere either side of $300 should be fair i guess. the guy thinking about buying it is a whoofo hunting buddy that says he has a few old cannon lens from a 35 mm film camera he used to have that he thinks would fit it. and i guess all cannon lens are standard no?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

This is a skydiving camera? FWIW, I wouldn't consider ANY camera that had been jumped to be "gently used." (Nor would I ever buy one.) I would buy and have bought used, but I'd rather get one from some parent who thought it would be cool to take pics of their new baby, never took it out of the home, quickly lost interest and put it away after a couple of weeks. There are a lot of those on the market.

And no. Older, pre-EOS Canon lenses will not fit this camera.

This is a skydiving camera? FWIW, I wouldn't consider ANY camera that had been jumped to be "gently used."

And no. Older, pre-EOS Canon lenses will not fit this camera.

well to be fair i bought it used from a non skydiver a few years ago and i put less than a dozen jumps on it. and it's kinda been sitting in a closet since.. but thanks for the info about the pre EOS lenses i wasn't sure about that