Fuzzy

Photo Printers

Well I'm in the market for a new photo printer and just wondering what people are using these days.

Have always been a Canon fan, right now current printer is an i9900 but it's showing it's age. Am willing to look at Epson or other brands as well, like to keep the options open.

Whatever I go with it needs to be able to handle 13" x 19", and I like to print B&W as well.

Any thoughts?

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

Love my Epson R1800. The R1900 should be even better. I know the 2400 was better for B&W when I bought mine... not sure what the latest in that line is.

Unfortunately I seem to have nearly killed it recently, printing on business card paper. Guessing I have a paper jam somewhere... but nothing I can see. Won't properly feed paper anymore. But for the last 4 years or so, it's worked basically flawlessly. I don't use it too often, but even after sitting for a while I've never had any issues with clogging. And the pigment inks don't fade.

Dave

Epson!!!
For colors the R1900 is the "bomb" definitely for the current B&H price
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/535138-REG/Epson_C11C698201_Stylus_Photo_R1900_Inkjet.html It's only $274 after rebate!!! Also I highly recommend to use it with continious ink system.

For B&W prints the 2880 is the top in the 13inch wide format
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/555315-REG/Epson_R2880_Stylus_Photo_R2880_Inkjet.html

The R1900 & R2880 are looking real interesting. Looks like a switch to Epson is in the works.....

Going to have to read up more on the continuous ink system, had never heard of that before now.

Thanks guys

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.