velocityphoto

imac restore discs?

I have an older imac g-5 and i have lost the original restore discs for it, can anyone help me here?
I need to wipe it clean so my mother can have it.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Well... I don't have iMac G5 restore discs but I could probably hook you up with OS X discs that you could install with.

I believe it came with OS X 10.3 (Panther). I think it depends on whether it has an iSight or not. If it has an iSight it may have come with 10.3.5. I have some OS X 10.3 (Panther) discs. Since they aren't 10.3.5 they may not install on that particular machine if it's the later version with the iSight. I have some OS X 10.4 discs that should install. Leopard should install on that machine as well (OS X 10.5) but not, Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Sysem on it is 10.4.11 right now not sure which one that is? I have some copied discs but they don't seem to work . it won't let me boot from them at all and i have tried everything i can think of.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

10.4.11 is the last iteration of Tiger I believe. It's the most stable and up to date version of that era of OS. Your machine should run Leopard quite well also.

Have you tried booting the system with the discs you have and holding the "C" key in the process?

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Yes tried holding the c key down until it boots up completely and it go's right into the normal desktop as well with the disc inserted.