DSE

4/3 available for pre-order

So... did you talk to Sony at NAB? What makes you think they're gonna respond to this camera (they kinda already did with the Alpha announcement)?

Did you see the 3D rig with the beamsplitter?
now...just use a little creative thot...:)

Does anyone know of someone that uses RED cameras on a regular basis or even occasionally? If so how is it, is it at least somewhat practical in terms of setup and stuff? Of course excluding the price that is lol
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Does anyone know of someone that uses RED cameras on a regular basis or even occasionally? If so how is it, is it at least somewhat practical in terms of setup and stuff? Of course excluding the price that is lol

RED is cheap.
We have one. More than a couple skydivers own one.
One of the forum members here is a tech cat for this camera.
Set up isn't any different overall than for any other camera. Shutter speed and aperture are the same concept.
There are some gamma and raw things to know...
What specifically is the question?

I saw that beam splitter set up. I wasn't aware the new 4/3 cameras though... The boot was pretty busy at the time and I thought those "camera bodies" were CineAltas. Also they kept talking about 3D (just like everybody else...) and they didn't mention at the time the new 4/3 cameras... But as I recall it their size with a prime lens could be "jumpable" :):):)
How about price?