Taris

Drift 170HD

Hi everyone !

There is almost no post here for the Drift 170HD camera and I wonder if any of you are actually jumping with it or tried it ?

As I want to buy a camera soon I also would like to know how it does it compares to the Contour HD (I've already ruled out the GoPro)

Thank's

Max B|

Hi Taris

We have several people at our DZ jumping with this camera now.

They have generally top-mounted it because it sits 'closer' than a go-pro and it seems much less likely to snag ...

The quality of footage from the camera seems pretty good - especially if played back on a HD TV screen such as the one we use at the DZ for de-briefs...

Overall it seems pretty easy to use and top mounts neatly - the guys seem to be using a Zkulls or similar mount ...

The LCD screen makes it easy to review the last jump if you don't have a TV to hand and there seems to be a reasonable number of outputs (TV / Computer)...

Overall it's not the highest quality camera but it seems to be everything that a 'normal' jumper would need in a simple lightweight package ...

Another option would be to look at the Skyshot Designs helmets which use the Contour HD at the moment - another neat concept although not commonly seen outside of the UK at the moment ...

You can see more info about the Drift and the Skyshot Designs Helmets on my smartrigs website ...:)