DSE

Canon 60d video

Had a few minutes with the 60D at IBC. Coulda benefitted from some time with a grey card, but the short time with the cam was informative.

From the spec, it looks like it uses the same CMOS chip as T2i/7D and the same processor as T2i, so I guess the video quality is not any different/better than either.
I was hoping that Canon implemented some sort of aniti-jello function, but I guess that's just the nature of CMOS chip based video, for now at least.
Other than flip screen and better manual audio, it isn't a huge jump from t2i, I think. Either feature doesn't really add anything to freefall video than T2i/7D.

4DBill
http://www.dslrforvideo.com

The imager is essentially the same, but the processor that receives thos images is supposedly different.
For freefall however...it's essentially the same cam as the T2i.
It does have some nicer processing features, but I'd like to see the final firmware, which wasn't on the model I had.

CMOS and high shutterspeeds will be a rollingshutter issue for years to come, I think. Sony and other companies have "anti-jello" in their stabilization software, but it can only do so much.
Shoot 1/50 or even 1/60 and avoid highspeed whip pans to avoid jello in *most* instances.

Thanks for answering my simple question...guess you have a personal problem...it's ok, that's expected in this industry.:S

*edit*
btw, that video tells me absolutely nothing, which is typical of your "test" footage.

I don't mean to be so ticked off, but I sent alot of business your way and you can't even give me the common courtesy to answer a simple question.

I'm gonna ask the question again:
can you create this with the 60D?

http://vimeo.com/7151244

A simple "yes, with the right lenses and equipment" will do.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Thanks for answering my simple question...guess you have a personal problem...it's ok, that's expected in this industry.:S

*edit*
btw, that video tells me absolutely nothing, which is typical of your "test" footage.

I don't mean to be so ticked off, but I sent alot of business your way and you can't even give me the common courtesy to answer a simple question.

Touchy, eh?
I answered Bill on my BlackBerry. didn't see your post, only saw his. Feel better now?
It says very clearly on the Vimeo page it was shot at 1/50.

Shot at 85mm 1/50, f5.6. Coulda used a Fader ND.

(from the vimeo page where you viewed this).

Not sure what it's supposed to tell you. I had 10 minutes with the camera, no monitor, tripod, or wider lens (all of which I'd like to have had). An 85mm handheld with motion is not ideal.
What more do you want to know? it's overexposed, handheld footage. The camera works, looks decent. The proto I used had older firmware, LCD wasn't trustworthy as a result, but it worked. It's ergonomically comfortable. It let me see what I was shooting live at an angle. The battery didn't die. it's fully manual with a Nikon lens on the front. it is easy to program. It's balanced well. I don't like the flip out screen. I wish it didn't feel quite so "consumer-ish" and wish it was a little more substantial.
I prefer joystick to buttons.
It shoots a lot of photos fast, but not as fast as the 7d. The images I shot side by side with my 7D were slightly different using similar lens, same settings, with a bit more of a blue caste.
that's all I personally can think of at the moment.

thanks for your reply.

It says very clearly on the Vimeo page it was shot at 1/50

ok, which is why I assummed it was shot at 25fps, but then I forgot that that the cannons don't give you an opton for 1/48 which is what I prefer for 24fps.

I don't like the flip out screen.

I think I can utilize that.

It's ergonomically comfortable....I wish it didn't feel quite so "consumer-ish"

I can work with that.

Thanks again for your work.

sorry.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...