BH_Composites

Full-face GoPro Mount Opinions

im pissed. the concealed cup chin and cutaway kit from bonehead does NOT work with the revolve. i dont understand why they would do this.

im having a bitch of a time with an actual gopro cutaway, so im thinking of fabricating my own cutaway for the actual chin strap thats on the revolve. something with a cotter pin one one side of the existing chinstrap with a small cable routed to it that you could pull and then pull your helmet off if you really needed. this is proving to be quite a little project but im determined to make this happen with my revolve
gravity brings me down.........

im pissed. the concealed cup chin and cutaway kit from bonehead does NOT work with the revolve. i dont understand why they would do this.

im having a bitch of a time with an actual gopro cutaway, so im thinking of fabricating my own cutaway for the actual chin strap thats on the revolve. something with a cotter pin one one side of the existing chinstrap with a small cable routed to it that you could pull and then pull your helmet off if you really needed. this is proving to be quite a little project but im determined to make this happen with my revolve

with the visor DOWN on the Revolve, how easily will it come off with out the strap?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

so good news. i purchased a universal cutaway system (i will take a picture and let you know the brand), at chicks rock this weekend. you simply replace one of the existing screws that holds the chin strap in place with a pin that is spring loaded with a cotter pin that has a cutaway handle on it. it was 25 bux, and the only mod i have to make is to make the existing hole in the helmet slightly bigger with a drill bit...............ill upload pics when i get home and modify it................seems like its gonna work perfect................
gravity brings me down.........

I bought this - http://www.2kcomposites.co.uk/2kc-button-cutaway-7-p.asp and swapped the supplied ratchet strap for my chin strap and hey presto, the perfect chinstrap cutaway. I have it fitted to an open face that has an alloy Gopro mount but would work with any chinstrap. The "button" has a spring to keep it loaded so when you pull the cable out, it activley falls apart. ;)

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

At first the revolve helmet seemed perfect for me, to go with a conturHD, now having the revolve and decided to go with a GoPro3, I am in a blind alley. >:(

That can´t be...
I really like my revolve, as i appreciate having a closed helmet in freefall and open the face visor for great surround view on canopy fly.

What about having a mount similar to the known conturHD on the left side in a "L" bracket with form giving surrounding to avoid line-jam arround the gopro mount?? This would also keep the functionality to open/close remove the front face visor.

Imagine the attachmant photo on a revolve with safe aero-form giving surrounding in a slim side mount.

Any more suggestions?

After my Contour was ripped off of the side of my REvolve helmet after a wingsuit jump by my riser, I decided to figure how to mount my GoPro on top of my REvolve helmet.
Here is a way I mounted my GoPro. I used the latch on top of the helmet as a base to mount the GoPro curved mount. I used the screw in this area of the helmet. I countersunk it into the GoPro curved mount. This screw with the adhesive gave a very secure fit and put the GoPro in a really good position for recording. Pics are included in this post. It would be nice if this plastic piece better formed to the Go Pro adhesive mount. This could be a change BH could make.

Another way Could be to make an independent latch mount that can move on the latch rail. It would need to have a surface that matches the Go Pro adhesive mount. The nice thing about this would be it can move anywhere on the latch rail, which would allow the GoPro to be mounted reverse to view behind you, which rocks for wingsuit flights. It would also work with the visor off.

In the end the REvolve helmet is great. I jumped it in 15 degree temps and it was not only warm as hell but quiet, and did not fog during flight.

Just my 2 cents:)

Mark

Just did a similar mod last week. I didn't like how close the back of the shoe was to the visor release. I took a 90 connector and then used a longer bolt to secure it (supported by washers) to the same screw location you used. I then used a one of the small extender bars and mounted the camera to that. Slight encrouchment on upper vision but not bad at all. I'll take pictures tonight and post them if anyone is interested. The mount can swivel but I think some super glue will take care of it nicely.