highfly

Ultimate skydiving set up?

Four RED Cams with Canon L glass plus whatever else they've got going...
This is an awesome undertaking. Even if it fails, it's massively informative and exciting.

One thing that's a little skewed; it suggests they're broadcasting 4k video back to earth. I'm questioning that. Recording 4k is one thing; punching it out over airwaves is entirely something else.

Looking forward to seeing this one!

This is an awesome undertaking. Even if it fails, it's massively informative and exciting.

One thing that's a little skewed; it suggests they're broadcasting 4k video back to earth. I'm questioning that. Recording 4k is one thing; punching it out over airwaves is entirely something else.

Actually, they are not L glass. They seem to have chosen the Canon 10-22 in front of the RED. For the 5dmarkII they have chosen the 15mm fisheye.

I guess they have the 2/3 RED cameras instead of the 35mm which explains the 10-22´s. Interesting that they choose the smaller sensor, since the 35mm + a 16-35 f/2.8 might perform better in low light. (assuming they are shooting in low light..)

Also choosing the 5Dm2 which has a slow fps is a weird choise for this kind of a shoot.. (edit: also assuming the 5Dm2 is for shooting stills)

Wonder if they even know what they are doing ? :P

Actually, they are not L glass. They seem to have chosen the Canon 10-22 in front of the RED. For the 5dmarkII they have chosen the 15mm fisheye.

I guess they have the 2/3 RED cameras instead of the 35mm which explains the 10-22´s. Interesting that they choose the smaller sensor, since the 35mm + a 16-35 f/2.8 might perform better in low light. (assuming they are shooting in low light..)

Also choosing the 5Dm2 which has a slow fps is a weird choise for this kind of a shoot.. (edit: also assuming the 5Dm2 is for shooting stills)

Wonder if they even know what they are doing ? :P

In the vid, it's not L glass, but Paul Shull from Canon had told me they'd ordered 16-35L for this which makes sense @2.8. Perhaps they aren't on the cameras for the news story/puff piece? or perhaps they changed their minds.
I agree, the 5D is a wierd choice...even for shooting stills. Weird for stills, weirder still for vid. Burst speeds would be very important for the exit, I'd think.
I'd submit they know a LOT more about what they're doing than Kittenger's crew, with all the space launches, space data available, etc. Some of it is a broad guess, but who of us wouldn't be a bit lost? It's never been done at this level.