dabase

Bite or tongue switch?

Need some advice. What kind of switch do you use for your camera, a tongue switch or bite switch (2.5mm plug)? and what kind?
We have gone through two of the tongue switches that Para-Gear sells and they just don't seem to hold up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blue skies.

I don't use either, I use a blow switch. This has been hashed out in previous posts where everyone seems to recommend whatever they have jumped for years. I'm no exception. I like the blow switch because they hold up, and it is easier (for me) to simply compress some air in my mouth than to manipulate my tongue or teeth (also leaves you free to stick your tongue out at the subject).

My blow switch has a couple thousand jumps on it without a problem. Everyone I know with the tongue or bite switches seems to have to replace them on a regular basis.

The one down side of a blow switch is its size (and you have to do some very minimal wiring). It is far bulkier than the others, but it you have a Vapor or other flat top style helmet, there is plenty of room for it.

Just my too sense...

I used a blow switch... and have for a couple of years... I have however had the diaphram portion on my blowswitch fail and it needed replacing but it lasted much longer then the tounge switch I started shooting stills with...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My blow switch has a couple thousand jumps on it without a problem. Everyone I know with the tongue or bite switches seems to have to replace them on a regular basis.

One tongue switch replaced in around 1500 jumps, and it doesn't smell bad.
Conceptus replaced that one for free.
I don't like blow switches because they're large, but everyone I know that has em', likes em. I guess the smell doesn't bother ya?
I'm a woodwinds player...maybe I just find "tonguing" comes naturally.:D