base851

Sony Alpha NEX Series

They're not that well built, I can say that much about em'. I'm not a fan.
The quality of image is very good in its class (Rebel, etc).
Consider one of the Canon G10/11, or one of Laszlo's mods for weight maybe?

I did two tandem photo jumps today with my new NEX-3. My neck and I love it. The pictures are better looking than my Rebel, I used all manual settings, it shoots plenty fast, and several times I picked up my helmet and thought for a second that I had forgotten something because of the noticeably reduced weight.

Caution: You will have to have a switch port "hacked" for this camera.
Harbortronics can do it.

I did two tandem photo jumps today with my new NEX-3. My neck and I love it. The pictures are better looking than my Rebel, I used all manual settings, it shoots plenty fast, and several times I picked up my helmet and thought for a second that I had forgotten something because of the noticeably reduced weight.

Caution: You will have to have a switch port "hacked" for this camera.
Harbortronics can do it.

I would kill to get that information....

The user interface on the nex series is fairly simple yet advanced to any standard point and shoot camera, the screen tilts up or down easy enough for shooting from the hip or overhead (but not easy enough to be affected during free fall) but mounted to a camera helmet this feature wouldnt be as much a concern as the significant reduction in size and weight while still being able to use high quality lenses that full size dslr make use of, the 7 frames per second and 14.2 megapixel images also make for great shots...

Hello,
I originally had a sony alpha A100. It lasted three years. To take advantage of lenses that had already bought a SLT-A33. With 14.2 megapixels, 7 photos per second, much better ISO, smaller, lighter and I'm really enjoying it. I have not worked much with the machine yet, but I can see that the quality is good.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mauriciograiki/5178655792/in/photostream/
For those who like Sony, would be a good option. There is also the SLT-A55 ..
Blue skies;
Graiki

Can anybody post some exit photos from NEX-3/5 taken with the 7 pictures/second mood? I would like to see the hole serie of pictures from climb out to 7-10 pictures from exit point.

It would be nice to see how good the camera performs in a skydiving invironment :)